have booked for Oct 22,2011 so I changed cabins, I asked the RCCL rep. if

I owe any money and he said no. Today I get a phone call saying I need to

pay off my cruise and I owe $1100 because I changed cabins from a inside

to a D3. I told her that I booked during the Labor Day sale, of course she

can't find anything saying the price was $799 for a D3 so now waiting to

hear back from RCCL they are looking into this, I did not change my booking

number, I know other people on this same cruise that went from an inside

cabin to a balcony and had no problem. Willard

I really hope this gets resolved in your favor. However, if the $799. was a "happy hour" rate for the D3 then they do not tend to honor upgrades if you paid the same amount or more for a lower category. But if the rep at RCCL who changed the booking told you this then you should be entitled to the upgrade. However, they consider these "happy hour" rates special for new bookings only. Is it fair? No, but that's what they do. It's happened to me several times. But I was refused when I requested it. In your case, the rep made the change. See if you can find the sailing and rate in this list. But save it as a pdf file because the link will probably be updated sometime on Thursday for the following week's specials:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Good luck!

Since the sailing is in October, you have already made full payment. If the Labor Day sale was for new bookings only, they tend not to honor the upgrade. From reading this board, there have been some people who have been lucky and called multiple times and found someone to honor the switch. Sounds like that agent made a mistake somewhere. I don't book directly. Did they e-mail you an updated invoice with the new cabin assignment?

Good luck on getting this resolved.

Yes I got a new invoice and I'm also on the Liberty out of BCN on Oct 22 I know of at least 4 other people on this same cruise who called and changed fron an inside to a balcony for $20 ea or it was straight across. The RCCL rep that called me is off today and tomorrow and said she will call back on Sat. I asked her if there was someone else who can look into this and call me before Sat. I will be calling the D+ desk today to see if there is anything they can look into.

Yes I got a new invoice and I'm also on the Liberty out of BCN on Oct 22 I know of at least 4 other people on this same cruise who called and changed fron an inside to a balcony for $20 ea or it was straight across. The RCCL rep that called me is off today and tomorrow and said she will call back on Sat. I asked her if there was someone else who can look into this and call me before Sat. I will be calling the D+ desk today to see if there is anything they can look into.

Fax them your invoice that says you are paid in full. You shouldn't have to pay anymore money.

Jimbo:)

If you have an invoice that shows all pricing and that you are paid in full you should be fine.....however they shouldn't have upgraded you as "sales" are for new bookings only....my best guess would be that someone realized the goof and went into your resi and changed the price-code. Any changes in a resi are documented...so they will know what the story is and how and when it got changed. What you need to do is call back and ask to be transfered to the "resolutions" department....just stand firm and polite and ask to be transfered until they do.

I have done this type of change many times in the past... the RCI reps always inform you of any charges and always collect any additional charges at the time of the change... Looks like this Rep did not know what he or she was doing............Not your fault. Stand firm with RCI and demand they honor what the Rep had done. You made the cabin change in reliance of what the Rep informed you...I am guessing you would not have made this change if you were told you had to pay an additional 1K.

Did you receive an invoice showing the D3 at that price? If so, you should be fine - just ask to talk to Resolutions. If not, unfortunately you are out of luck. The Labor Day Sale was an extended Tuesday Sales. For people with existing bookings, they can ONLY use the Tuesday Sales to upgrade if it is more than they are currently paying.

I used to do this all the time for my guests. I would call Resolutions and as long as it was more money they would adjust the rate. The regular agents cannot use that fare on an existing booking. I remember our BDM explaining once that it is actually blacked out of their system except for Resolutions.

Honeybee - the OP has answered the questions you have in previous posts - Including what he paid for the inside and the new invoice. Kindly please read through the thread.

No, he said he received new invoices. I am asking him to carefully look at those invoices and advise if it is the D3 at the $799 rate. Or is it the D3 at the higher rate or the inside at the $799 rate. I also responded to give advice on how to remedy the situation. I've read the thread through and am seeking clarification rather than making assumptions that will do no one any good. I get that is the status quo around here but you'll have to excuse my desire for details.

I am actually on the same cruise and was able to move from a D1 to a JS. The JS was less than what we paid for the D1. They upgraded us to the JS without any question. Invoice showed the new cabin with a balance paid in full. Times like this I am happy I have OCD...:D I obsess over every detail.

Since the OP called after final payment you would think RCI would have asked for any price difference at the time of the call. :confused: Hope they can work it out.

I got a call yesterday from RCCL and the rep was very nice and said that I could only get the upgrade from a inside cabin to a balcony cabin only if the price of the balcony was at a higher price then the inside cabin ,so since both cabins were then same price I can't upgrade unless I would like to pay $1094.76, however the rep also said she will talk to the guy I talked to last Sat and find out why he told me I could upgrade at no extra cost, she also will try and get me into the balcony cabin at no extra cost since it was RCCL fault so waiting for her to call back before Mon. afternoon.

I got a call yesterday from RCCL and the rep was very nice and said that I could only get the upgrade from a inside cabin to a balcony cabin only if the price of the balcony was at a higher price then the inside cabin ,so since both cabins were then same price I can't upgrade unless I would like to pay $1094.76, however the rep also said she will talk to the guy I talked to last Sat and find out why he told me I could upgrade at no extra cost, she also will try and get me into the balcony cabin at no extra cost since it was RCCL fault so waiting for her to call back before Mon. afternoon.

So did you or did you not have a confirmation with the change to the balcony cabin showing the $799 price and showing that you are paid in full:confused:

I am actually on the same cruise and was able to move from a D1 to a JS. The JS was less than what we paid for the D1. They upgraded us to the JS without any question. Invoice showed the new cabin with a balance paid in full. Times like this I am happy I have OCD...:D I obsess over every detail.

Since the OP called after final payment you would think RCI would have asked for any price difference at the time of the call. :confused: Hope they can work it out.

Well that is in total contrast to what the OP is saying:confused:

I would not have let that RCI Rep off the telephone so easy with an "I'll try" and " call back Monday" You have to stand your guns and demand satisfaction...They made the mistake....they have to honor it. and they will not unless you turn into a PitBull.:mad: Point is you already received the upgrade with no charge...now they are trying to deny you.

Archived