Call from RCCL

GP Cruiser

I know a few others on our cruise were given a hard time by RCI but eventually they got the upgrade.

From what I have seen in this thread, the upgrades others got were different. My experience with Royal - as a former travel agent for a major agency - is that the agents that answer the phones physically cannot apply Tuesday Sales to existing bookings. This was confirmed when I toured their offices in Miramar and spoke to several agents. They have to go to Resolutions and have Resolutions manually adjust the rates.

It seems to be that those that got the upgrade probably either got the upgrade and paid more OR the upgrade was not part of the Labor Day Sale (which was just an extended Tuesday Sale).

I hope it works out for the OP. We never did hear if he ever got invoices with the upgrade and paid in full, though.

ETA: Oh and to the poster that said the OP shouldn't have given up with an "I'll try" and a promise to hear back Monday - you clearly have no concept of how things work. Sometimes research needs to be done. Again, in my experience working with Resolutions quite a lot it is the guest (or in my case the agent) that is calm but assertive and understanding of time needed to research that wins in the end. You start acting belligerent or insulting and these agents tend to shut down.

From what I have seen in this thread, the upgrades others got were different. My experience with Royal - as a former travel agent for a major agency - is that the agents that answer the phones physically cannot apply Tuesday Sales to existing bookings. This was confirmed when I toured their offices in Miramar and spoke to several agents. They have to go to Resolutions and have Resolutions manually adjust the rates.

It seems to be that those that got the upgrade probably either got the upgrade and paid more OR the upgrade was not part of the Labor Day Sale (which was just an extended Tuesday Sale).

I hope it works out for the OP. We never did hear if he ever got invoices with the upgrade and paid in full, though.

ETA: Oh and to the poster that said the OP shouldn't have given up with an "I'll try" and a promise to hear back Monday - you clearly have no concept of how things work. Sometimes research needs to be done. Again, in my experience working with Resolutions quite a lot it is the guest (or in my case the agent) that is calm but assertive and understanding of time needed to research that wins in the end. You start acting belligerent or insulting and these agents tend to shut down.

Who said aything about acting like this?

I was able to get the upgrade on 02-Sept mid afternoon. Not sure if this was part of the Labor Day Sale. The JS price was $50.00 less than what we paid for our D1. We just got the upgrade, no additional cost.

Wish the OP would give us an update. Haven't seen anything on the roll call either.

The OP obviously is not willing to say whether he has that invoice in his possesion or not. As many times as he's been asked, he's apparently not willing to say.......oh well. As mentioned, if he had that zero balance, they'd have to honor it

Whenever I book a cruise or make changes to a reservation, RCCL Rep requests my email and sends confirmation immediately and I review.

Don't we all do this?

Whenever I book a cruise or make changes to a reservation, RCCL Rep requests my email and sends confirmation immediately and I review.

Don't we all do this?

I guess like a lot of issues presented for these boards something smells abit fishy here.

The OP obviously is not willing to say whether he has that invoice in his possesion or not. As many times as he's been asked, he's apparently not willing to say.......oh well. As mentioned, if he had that zero balance, they'd have to honor it

Either that or you're not willing to read the entire thread. Please see post #5.

I got my call back from RCCL rep and I got the balcony cabin. Zero balance no extra cost.

GP Cruiser -- so glad to hear that RCCL called you back, and that everything worked out. Since we always handle our own bookings, we insist that RC send us an updated invoice every time we change anything on our reservation. We carefully review them, print them out, and take them with us -- that's our proof, in case there is a discrepancy in their records. :cool:

Archived