Castaway Bar B Q

moet7

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

The BBQ is included in your cruise at no extra charge. The main BBQ is across from the family beach. However they have fruit out in front of the BBQ building and a salad bar that was separate. Ice cream cones for dessert are in 3 places around the picnic tables. So watch for them as they have a lot to offer too.

There is also a BBQ at the adult beach, but we found the food selection was different and bigger by the family beach.

Very good food and you can go back as much as you want. They even clear your dirty dishes from your picnic tables. It's great.

we have 5 cruises under our belt and we have 2 more booked.

have a magical cruise,

mom x4,grandma x4

• 1 month later...

We agree, the Family beach BBQ is best. And the fruit (especially the pineapple) is fantastic.

We've been to Princess Cay and have to give the nod to Disney, especially the BBQ. We've done the kayaking and the biking and they were both worth it. Have fun!

Hi Everyone,

We are booked for Sept. 29, DIS Wonder. I have just begun researching the itinerary. Though we plan to remain on the ship in Nassau…what are the activities available on Castaway for our 4-year-old GD.

Any other pointers you have is greatly appreciated as this is our first cruise with DIS.

Thank you for your time,

Cindy

oscarmoraz,

on castaway cay the kids club has supervised activities for kids of all ages. If you GD goes to the kids club on board they will have a sign up sheet eith the times and activities listed for you to choose from. Of course they have bike riding and they do have little bikes with training wheels and helmets.

In the grouper game room there is a big sand box that is shaded by the building for little ones to play in. Also on board they have a time when you can take your GD and make and decorate a kite and them help her fly it on the island.

Od course there is the beach and and you can purchase or bring your own shovels amd buckets to play with. I don't know what the age limit is on the water trikes or paddleboats, but I have seen lots of adults with children on those too. The glass bottom boat ride is a good one for younger children if they like to see colorful fish. I believe it's about an hour or hour and 1/2 long.

Also starting about 9 a.m. ( navigator will tell you the time) the characters are placed along the walkway to the beaches. Usually the lies are short and move quickly. At the Gazebo during the day different characters arrive for pictures and autographs. Lines are usually short and move very quickly. sometimes they have a family sandcastle building contest on the beach and she could help with that too.

I'm sure she'll have a great time no matter what she chooses to do.

We have taken our GK's on cruises before and again this december. They always have so much to do they can't possibly do it all.

Have a great cruise,

mom x4,grandma x4:rolleyes:

The main one is called Cookie's BBQ and it's great. I love the fresh fruit- the papaya is awesome. The soft serve ice cream is ok- strawberry and cookie dough. You can also check out the BBQ at Serenity Bay (adult beach) where you can find steak sandwiches that aren't available at Cookie's.

Have a great time!

PS- and it's all included (free) :D

You can also eat on the ship, if you really wanted to, but the island food is great!

By the way, we've sailed the Wonder twice so far this year and Disney is our favorite cruise line. Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for all of the wonderful tips! One last question...are we able to remain with her while she is involved in the Castaway Cay Club or do you think we would interfere with her having a good time? And is the Castaway Club the route to go for a 4 year old other than remaining with her grand parents...lol?

As you can see this cruise is all about her and we don't want to tread on her having fun in the fullest way.

C

oscarmoraz,

on castaway cay the kids club has supervised activities for kids of all ages. If you GD goes to the kids club on board they will have a sign up sheet eith the times and activities listed for you to choose from. Of course they have bike riding and they do have little bikes with training wheels and helmets.

In the grouper game room there is a big sand box that is shaded by the building for little ones to play in. Also on board they have a time when you can take your GD and make and decorate a kite and them help her fly it on the island.

Od course there is the beach and and you can purchase or bring your own shovels amd buckets to play with. I don't know what the age limit is on the water trikes or paddleboats, but I have seen lots of adults with children on those too. The glass bottom boat ride is a good one for younger children if they like to see colorful fish. I believe it's about an hour or hour and 1/2 long.

Also starting about 9 a.m. ( navigator will tell you the time) the characters are placed along the walkway to the beaches. Usually the lies are short and move quickly. At the Gazebo during the day different characters arrive for pictures and autographs. Lines are usually short and move very quickly. sometimes they have a family sandcastle building contest on the beach and she could help with that too.

I'm sure she'll have a great time no matter what she chooses to do.

We have taken our GK's on cruises before and again this december. They always have so much to do they can't possibly do it all.

Have a great cruise,

Enjoy your cruise in December! :)

C

I recall the adult lunch had more than just a steak sandwich. They had grilled fish, forget what kind, and grilled chicken, different sides too. It's way better than going through the cattle run at Cookies.

• 4 weeks later...
They always have so much to do they can't possibly do it all.

Have a great cruise,

Sounds like we may need to book another Disney cruise after this one...lol. If we should book another while on the ship, will we recieve a ship baord credit on the next booking?

Appreciate your time.

Cindy

Archived