Disney Wonder Questions

moet7

HI,

Never been on a Disney cruise.

Are you aloud to bring on your own water and wine?

I see Disney is now giving away free soda on their ships!

On the private island, are their beach chairs for use or do you have to rent them?

thanks!

Come on, this is Disney !!! Where fantasy is reality !! LOL

Yes you can bring water, wine, or any other alcohol that you prefer onboard with you.

I acutally shipped a case of 12 bottles of wine in advance to the 10 day Christmas cruise - we had a whale of a time!

Soda was always free at the meals, now it is available 24/7 at the soda / juice kiosk next to the Mickey pool on deck 9

Beach chairs and umbrellas are free on CC, first come first served

- David

Thanks David!

I realize "Disney" means there will be lots of kids.

But after reading alot of posts, I'm thinking if you want, there is plenty to do without seeing all of those kids. The adult pool, private part of the beach, late night dinner and adult shows. Do you think it would be a great cruise for 4 girlfriends in their 40's to take? Just looking at the ship and comparing it to RC and CCL it just looks like first class all the way.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

I think it is a great cruise for all ages

I am 38, DW 37 and we love it, and our kids love it to

Disney does everything top notch

As adults only with late seating, you will most likely be put on an alternate restaurant schedule than those with most of the kids

Families with kids might eat at Animators Palate the first night, you might be the reverse order eating at Lumieres/Tritons the first night

Adult only pool area, adult only bars / clubs - comedy night, dancing

section on castaway

you can't take in as much of the Disney "stuff" or as little as you prefer

The shows are top notch, Broadway calliber (and I go to a few Broadway / Off Broadway shows each month)

The only negative to DCL for "adults" is that you don't have gambling on board if you choose to partake

My experiences with Carnival is always the 20+ crowd that is always drunk and lewd

The Voyager class of Royal Caribbean is top notch too - you can't go wrong with them either - and they do have gambling

- David

Thanks David!

I realize "Disney" means there will be lots of kids.

But after reading alot of posts, I'm thinking if you want, there is plenty to do without seeing all of those kids. The adult pool, private part of the beach, late night dinner and adult shows. Do you think it would be a great cruise for 4 girlfriends in their 40's to take? Just looking at the ship and comparing it to RC and CCL it just looks like first class all the way.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

We went last fall-me, hubby and our 20 year old daughter. There was tons of kids-heck the passengers were over 50% kids but we expected that. The adults only pool area was great-not used much because families mostly were at the over crowded family pool-but it was great for us. WE also loved Palos-adults only and there is only a $10 extra charge(well worth it) and thee were also 2 great adult only lounges-the Cadilliac and Route 66-both had live entertainment.

Our dinner table mates had an 8 year old son-but he was well behaved and a pleasure to be around so that was not a problem at all. Also his parents put him in the kids club some each day so they were able to enjoy Palos, the adult pool and the adult lounges. They said he absolutely loved it and ended up going there for dinner a second night so it was just us 5 adults that night too.

I had read posts of people with families who complained about the adult only areas as the family areas were crowded- they felt it was unfair to have adult only areas. I posted back I did not understand WHY they did not put the kids in the kids club for a few hours and enjoy these adult only areas themselves. I think they and the kids would have been happier.

Our tablemates told us that at 9 p.m. They put on a movie, and pull out mats for the kids at the kid's club and kids go to sleep. Mom and Dad do not need to pick them up until I think midnight. They can stay later also but then there is a fee.

Oh yes Castaway Key also has a great adult only area. Which is really nice. On our cruise there were PLENTY of lounge chairs on the beach too.

One thing too-on Disney a real balcony (veranda) cabin (don't confuse that with the Navigator's Veranda) is really spacious-equal in size I have been told to a mini suite on Carnival and RCCL (don't know that for a fact- I have never booked anything nicer then a balcony)-so for 4 women sharing a stateroom you would be much happier-on Carnival and RCCL-you would need to book 2 staterooms for comfort.

We loved our veranda cabin for the 3 of us. Nice split bathroom and privacy curtain which helps when dressing.

I went on a Disney cruise with a friend and we had a wonderful time. We were both in our early fifties and we found the entertainment in the bars at night was great. Also some of the family entertainment in the bars at an earlier time was great too. Lots of fun for all. I think the Disney cruise makes you feel young. Also the verandah cabins on Disney are about the same size as a mini suite on RCCL . We were on The Splendour of the Seas in a mini suite and it was about the same as the Disney Cabin. I think you'll have a great time. There is now, by the adult pool, an adult only coffee bar/lounge where you can get a cappuccino or latte and cookies. Great quiet spot. A bar,and large comfy chairs and Tv and magazines etc. Also a couple of computer stations... You pay for specialty coffees but not the cookies.. Not very expensive but very good and I think its worth it..Hope you go and have fun.pj

"Our tablemates told us that at 9 p.m. They put on a movie, and pull out mats for the kids at the kid's club and kids go to sleep. Mom and Dad do not need to pick them up until I think midnight. They can stay later also but then there is a fee."

Can you or someone clarify this? I was just on a RCCL cruise and they had real activities/games/theme parties happening for the kids until at least 10 pm in the 3-5 and 6-8 age groups. We picked up our kids every night at 10pm and they were always actively doing something - not just watching a movie. I am thinking about a Disney cruise next and just comparing the 2 cruiselines. Thanks.

"Our tablemates told us that at 9 p.m. They put on a movie, and pull out mats for the kids at the kid's club and kids go to sleep. Mom and Dad do not need to pick them up until I think midnight. They can stay later also but then there is a fee."

Can you or someone clarify this? I was just on a RCCL cruise and they had real activities/games/theme parties happening for the kids until at least 10 pm in the 3-5 and 6-8 age groups. We picked up our kids every night at 10pm and they were always actively doing something - not just watching a movie. I am thinking about a Disney cruise next and just comparing the 2 cruiselines. Thanks.

Our daughter is 20 so I was going by info my tablemates gave us. I am sure though if you contact Disney Cruise Lines by e-mail they could tell you on that. I know too it was discussed on the DVD they sent us with info but I don't remember all the particulars except that children under 3 there was a charge for the kid's club I think (or maybe it was children not potty trained can't remember)

I do know our tablemate's son was 8. He stayed in the club and had dinner the night they went to Palos- and enjoyed it so much he went back the next night-his choice. they also said they spent time at the adult pool and also the adult lounges while he was at the club. Now they did not put him there all day-as they spent lots of time doing family things. He would go for an hour or 2 here and there. They told us there was no charge up to midnight.

The kids clubs have different themes each night. One of the themes at the Oceaneers Club is the Goofy Slumber Party where the little ones go down in thier pj's play games, have snacks, color Goofy pillow cases and visit with Goofy. Later on, when the little ones should be sleeping, (by "little ones" I mean 3-7 in the Club) they put in a Disney Classic, pull out the mats and they slumber. Other themes are "So You Want to be a Pirate" with Capt Hook. Lab Night at the Oceaneers Lab. Just to name a few. The age requirements at the Lab are 7-12.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a daughter who would like to dance on a cruise ship but I would like her to keep more clothes on than I see on RCCL or Carnival. Since Disney is family friendly, do the show girls cover up more of their body?:) Thanks

Uh, susyg, there really AREN'T any "showgirls" on Disney...they are all Disney-themed shows, basically. NOT the "Vegas-style" you'll see on other lines. :)

As for the kid's clubs...only the LITTLEST ones get the mats pulled out late night and the movie...kids ages 6 and above generally continue with activities or free play until the club closes, either midnight or 1:00 am, depending upon the night. There is NO additional charge for late-night activities in the Club/Lab on DCL.

Archived