2 Week Mani at the Carnival Spa

I Luv Crusin

I noticed a, new to me, service in the spa called a two week manicure. I was wondering if anyone has done this. My nails are weaking and peeling and usually the only way I can get a manicure to last is to get acrylic nails. What is it like?

If you've done this, did it include a color? The one time I got a "fill" on the ship they wanted another 15 dollars to put a color on! I have never heard of such a thing, since a fill, where I come from, always includes the nailpolish!

but not on the ship. My salon uses Gelish (it's equivalent to Shellac). LOVE it!! I have allergies to most nail polish but not to this product. Also with regular polish, my nails tend to start chipping within 24-48 hours. This lasts about 1 1/2 -2 weeks before chipping. I've gone as long as 3 weeks (if it peels off, I sometimes will cover with regular polish to get me through to the next appt.)

Overall, it's a great product! I pay about $30 a manicure...I'm sure the ship will be double. A lot of people are doing this product instead of acryllic because it doesn't damage the nails (as acryllic can). Enjoy!

I get this type of manicure every 3 weeks (shellac, gel etc). I love it. It is a must do BEFORE any cruise. I have never been disappointed.

I couldn't agree more. I just started getting this done a few months ago. Using the Shellac gel, the polish is "cured" after every coat, and this stuff just does not chip. Costs $23 by me, which is about 3 times the cost of a regular manicure.

I've attached a picture of my nail that were done 3 weeks and 5 days ago. There is STILL not a chip in sight (although you can obviously see all the new nail growth). My cruise is this Sunday, so I'm long past due to get them re-done.

There's no way I would ever go back to a *regular* manicure again.

NAILS.jpg.243fef8947473a88ea6bb15ce3b4645c.jpg

I guess I'm just lucky. Pushing 60 and my nails are strong and hard.

I get a mani/pedi just before I go and my manicure lasts at least two weeks; pedi lasts until I go back a month later! Just OPI polish.

I just think the spa treatments are absurdly overpriced unless you get a "port day" special, and they're still expensive.

I think you get better for less at home before you go. JMO. And then you get to spend your time on the ship relaxing or playing or doing whatever you want.

I get this done as well but I'm on a "break" from it right now....contrary to what they might have you believe...it DOES weaken the nails, much like acrylics....

I agree. I only get shellac before I cruise (which is only twice a year). Every time I come back from the cruise it takes one month for my nails to get back to "normal".

I get this done as well but I'm on a "break" from it right now....contrary to what they might have you believe...it DOES weaken the nails, much like acrylics....

I've had the exact opposite experience. Even when I leave it off for a while (because having polish on your nails 24/7/365 can't possibly be a good thing!) I feel like my nails are stronger, not weaker. And this polish is nothing like acrylics.

Love it! They don't file the tops of the nail down, so it doesn't thin out the nails. It will make the bare nail a little weaker, since you have to soak/scrape the polish off. You can't just use a cotton ball. Assuming you don't need tips, it's 1000x better than acrylics. My nails haven't looked better. Mine usually last without chips for at least 1 1/2 weeks (min and only if my hands are constantly in water) to 3 weeks.

Archived