Question about Price Protection/Different Rates

JB8704

Back in June I booked my cruise with Early Saver and have gotten a few price drops, and on board credit. Now that we are about a month away from sail date (10/10/2011-Triumph) they have started advertising the Pack & Go rates. I know that I cannot get a credit or price match to the pack and go rate. The past guest rate isn't listed, but the Fun Select and Pack & Go are. The Fun Select is still higher than what I paid.

My question is....once they've started advertising the Pack & Go rates, will the past guest rate ever be available again before the cruise? I'm just wondering if the price might drop (where I can get a another OBC) before we leave. Sorry if this is confusing...trying to word it where everyone can understand what I'm asking.

I'm happy with the rate I've gotten, but just curious. Thanks in advance! :)

Are you certain about the pack n go rate not being matchable? Why would that be since it is a rate for which you qualify? I'd submit and see what happens. Also check other web sites since many rates are available but not advertised. I figure I'd rather get rejected for a submission than discover later that I could have gotten it. You don't get bad marks for trying.

Are you certain about the pack n go rate not being matchable? Why would that be since it is a rate for which you qualify? I'd submit and see what happens. Also check other web sites since many rates are available but not advertised. I figure I'd rather get rejected for a submission than discover later that I could have gotten it. You don't get bad marks for trying.

Pack and Go is a guarantee category. It can't be matched.

Technically you are not supposed to be able to match the Pack & Go rate as it's a guarantee and you have to be able to match your cabin category specifically. However people have said that they were able to match the P&G but they had to give up their cabin and go with a guarantee~ so if you are willing to risk taking a guarantee go for it and put in the comments section what you want to do ~

as for will the PG rate return... hard to say, it could but then again it might not. My advice is keep watching as you have up until 2 business days prior to cruise to get reductions.

Back in June I booked my cruise with Early Saver and have gotten a few price drops, and on board credit. Now that we are about a month away from sail date (10/10/2011-Triumph) they have started advertising the Pack & Go rates. I know that I cannot get a credit or price match to the pack and go rate. The past guest rate isn't listed, but the Fun Select and Pack & Go are. The Fun Select is still higher than what I paid.

My question is....once they've started advertising the Pack & Go rates, will the past guest rate ever be available again before the cruise? I'm just wondering if the price might drop (where I can get a another OBC) before we leave. Sorry if this is confusing...trying to word it where everyone can understand what I'm asking.

I'm happy with the rate I've gotten, but just curious. Thanks in advance! :)

Who knows. My cruise on Dream is a couple weeks before yours and have yet to see pack and go and past guest is still available. I think it depends on how much availability is left.

Thanks! I did submit a price protection form for the pack & go rate, and like someone said, I would have to give up my cabin and wait to have my room assignment until closer to the cruise. I do not want to do that, b/c I like our cabin location. Thanks for your help! The more OBC I get, the more Drink of the Day's I can have...hehe! ;)

I'm (sort of) in the same boat (pun intended)

Booked Early Saver and have made final payment. Now there is a Senior Rate which is lower than what I paid (and I am a senior). I booked with a TA and wrote to him earlier to investigate.

Wouldn't be a big difference, but hey, if I can get a $40 or so OBC I'll take it LOL

Thanks! I did submit a price protection form for the pack & go rate, and like someone said, I would have to give up my cabin and wait to have my room assignment until closer to the cruise. I do not want to do that, b/c I like our cabin location. Thanks for your help! The more OBC I get, the more Drink of the Day's I can have...hehe! ;)

And the more DODs, the less you will care about where your cabin is. Just an idea.:D

I'm (sort of) in the same boat (pun intended)

Booked Early Saver and have made final payment. Now there is a Senior Rate which is lower than what I paid (and I am a senior). I booked with a TA and wrote to him earlier to investigate.

Wouldn't be a big difference, but hey, if I can get a $40 or so OBC I'll take it LOL

The senior rate should be ok- that usually isn't a guarantee rate.

And thanks above for the clarification as to why a pack n go rate would be dodgy. that makes sense.

The senior rate should be ok- that usually isn't a guarantee rate.

And thanks above for the clarification as to why a pack n go rate would be dodgy. that makes sense.

Alliezona gets credit for the clarification on the pack n go rates :)

They've been dinking around on the rates for my cruise...the senior rate disappeared and was replaced with 'Pack n Go" (same price) shortly after I posted. (it's actually gone back & forth today between rate names)

I'm pretty sure I'm S-O-L but hey, I got a good deal to begin with so it's all good :)

Archived