Western Caribbean- April or November?

CRUISING71

What is the weather like during Thanksgiving week? Is it too cold to swim? Does it rain a lot in November?

If you have a choice of April or November, which month is good to travel?

We were just on the Dream in April and the weather was perfect. We have been there at the end of October many times as well and once in the Carribean, the weather is usually nice. It seems there is more rain in the fall than the spring though. It can be cold in Florida in November so bring a pair of jeans and jacket or hoodie. (We live in AZ so anything below 70 is "cold")

You may still get a late season storm in the Carribean in November. This could cause changes in your itenerary so make certain your deposits would be refundable if booking excursions independently.

Which ever you choose will be delightful. Once you head south the weather and water are warm enough no matter which month.

We've cruise April, May, November and January. And we're back to November. April and May were getting fairly humid down in the Caribbean. January was chillly and the water temps were FREEZING. Plus I think it kind of takes something *away* from the fun of vacationing in warm weather when it's already nice weather where you live, lol. :D

I think either time would be fine. So similar that I'd probably go with whichever time had the better prices. But beware of spring break and the prices and throngs of people that entails.

OH, AND airfare is going to most likely be higher, if you're flying to port, surrounding Thanksgiving as well. Something major to consider.

November would be at the end of the rainy season in most parts of central america, and april would be nearing the end of the dry season. We have done this itin both in mid April and several times in Novermber, bother were plenty hot and had good weather.

It will be during Thanksgiving week. I wonder if I buy my airline tickets in advance, coming in Wednesday a week before Thanksgiving and leaving Saturday (after Thanksgiving) out of MIA to return home..do you think this help with the airport traffic?

The difference in saving is $ 387. Is it worth it?

What is the weather like during Thanksgiving week? Is it too cold to swim? Does it rain a lot in November?

If you have a choice of April or November, which month is good to travel?

I would do November. You might get a lot of party animals on Spring Break in April.

It will be during Thanksgiving week. I wonder if I buy my airline tickets in advance, coming in Wednesday a week before Thanksgiving and leaving Saturday (after Thanksgiving) out of MIA to return home..do you think this help with the airport traffic?

The difference in saving is $ 387. Is it worth it?

Depends on where you're staying and eating for those extra nights and doing for entertainment during the day. If it's in Miami, I doubt it.

Archived