Any tips for a BEER drinker to save some $$

DeanHensler

I've read a lot about bringing a bottle of wine and ordering bottles of alcohol from the BV department, but what about BEER?

I am a big beer drinker and I will probably drink about 10 beers per day while on board.

Any suggestions on ways to save money? Can I order beer through the BV department and if I do, does that really save me any money?

How do tips work for ordering drinks from the bar or from a waiter by the pool? Do you tip for every drink or just do one big tip at the end of the cruise?

First time cruiser here. Going next week and getting excited.

I've read a lot about bringing a bottle of wine and ordering bottles of alcohol from the BV department, but what about BEER?

I am a big beer drinker and I will probably drink about 10 beers per day while on board.

Any suggestions on ways to save money? Can I order beer through the BV department and if I do, does that really save me any money?

How do tips work for ordering drinks from the bar or from a waiter by the pool? Do you tip for every drink or just do one big tip at the end of the cruise?

First time cruiser here. Going next week and getting excited.

Buy it by the bucket you save 2 bucks.. and you get 4 beers... 15% gratuity is added to each order.. you can tip a couple bucks when ever you want or at the end if you have a great server... no savings when ordering from BV for beer.. you still pay the per price per beer so it is over 100 bucks for a 24:eek:

I'm in the same boat as you are. Most days I don't have a beer until right before dinner - we usually stop at the Lobby Bar or what used to be the Cigar Bar before dinner and have our first. I usually stay up late in the club and can't imagine what I'd spend if I started drinking after lunch. Besides buying buckets, the only way to save is to drink less. I will be ordering a bottle or two from Bob Voyage this year so we can have a drink in the room.

Any suggestions on ways to save money?

cruise during lent.

give up beer for lent.

All you can do is order by the bucket to save a couple of bucks as opposed to buying them separate. They automatically add 15% on to your bill which is a nice tip for them. Bon Voyage does not give you a break on beer. Cruiselines discriminate against beer drinkers:D And if you are not picky about your beer you can always purchase the huge cans of Fosters......although I can't imagine them staying as cold in the heat.

If you order the bar credit coupons ( 4 coupons for $23.00 ) in advance they are worth $5.75 each and the tip is included so you save 86 cents per beer.

And the bar waiter gets screwed.....and more then likely take his time coming back........you really wouldn't want to do this if you are a big drinker...just sayin...

And the bar waiter gets screwed.....and more then likely take his time coming back........you really wouldn't want to do this if you are a big drinker...just sayin...

Not according to Carnival they don't...was told that the waiters do get tipped when using a bar coupon. I also go to the bar to get my drinks

Not according to Carnival they don't...was told that the waiters do get tipped when using a bar coupon. I also go to the bar to get my drinks

Got a link? It says tips included.......but does it say where that measley tip goes:confused: The coupons were implemented as gifts. not to stock up on and order drink after drink......the waiters are getting screwed unles you tip them extra;)

Because the bar waiters are not getting the 15% with the coupons as oppossed to us who are paying it.....

do you know this for a fact??? how do you know they don't write something on the coupons when they submit at the end of the day or night??:confused:

do you know this for a fact??? how do you know they don't write something on the coupons when they submit at the end of the night??:confused:

I ordered a drink that cost more then the coupon and was charged the difference plus 15% tip on my card......that was not done for a bucket of beer.......they just took the coupon and I didn't sign anything.....so do you think they got a double tip for the drink I ordered?

Oh, when you commented that the people using coupons would more than likely get bad service, I thought maybe you had experienced it first hand. My bad.

No actually common sense tells me the waiter will go to the person that tips before the person that doesn't:p

I ordered a drink that cost more then the coupon and was charged the difference plus 15% tip on my card......that was not done for a bucket of beer.......they just took the coupon and I didn't sign anything.....so do you think they got a double tip for the drink I ordered?

You lost me here.. you ordered a drink that cost more than the $4.50 or whatever it is worth now to order a drink.. the drink cost more.. so you paid the extra for the drink.. you should have been charged the new gratuity for that drink...I think that is up to the bar waiter to accept the coupon or not.. you are correct that if they just submitted the coupon and you didn't sign for a more expensive drink they are screwed:(

Archived