Houston Hotels and Transportation to Galveston Pier

LeDemonBlond

Going on the Mariner in February and spoke with RCL concerning if they have hotels in Houston where if we book with them, they also have transportation to the pier.

They said they should but still in "negotiations". With whom I don't know but that is why they couldn't tell me what options are available at this time.

I realize that I can go into Galveston and if staying in Houston, I can arrange my own transportation.

However, I would like to know what RCL might have as an option.

I think it was Voyager that was going out of Galveston, does anyone recall if they could book the hotel via RCL and if there was a Transportation option on the day of from said Hotel? Was it a reasonable cost and/or just a convienient choice?

Regards

• 5 weeks later...

We have always booked the ship transportation and stayed at a hotel with an airport shuttle. It can drop you at the baggage claim area and you get the ship's transportation. You can also rent a car and drop it back at the airport. Would love to stay in Galveston but the problem with no car rentals being open has stopped us.

Thanks for replying. I had previously called RCL a couple of times asking if I could book the RCL transportation from the airport and I was told I could not. Seen in other threads that people were told the same thing. Because I'm arriving the day before , I would not be able to. They said I could go to the baggage claim and ask the day of if they had room and book that way. Not a very satisfactory answer as I would rather have something more guaranteed than that.

I recently wrote RCL asking for why its not possible. Perhaps its a security issue but I wish they were clear on the why other than its just the way it is.

My alternative is just to stay at a local airport hotel and arrange private transportation on the day of.

Archived