Oasis Food Options, and best dining option?

Xystence

I have been looking all over the place and I cannot seem to locate anything. Is there a list anywhere that shows all of the different places to eat, what they serve on the Oasis, and whether they are included or additional costs?

Secondly in regards to the MDR, in your opinion is it better to utilize the Your Time dining option, or select a specific time? I do not know which I would prefer, I always had a scheduled time before, but it sounds neat to be able to go to dinner on my time. Any downside to this?

Thank you for your opinions!

The only downside I found with MTD is that if you want to go to all the shows, you still need to schedule your mealtimes around the showtimes, and it seemed to me that you'd still be eating around the same time as traditional dining times (give or take 30 minutes).

The only downside I found with MTD is that if you want to go to all the shows, you still need to schedule your mealtimes around the showtimes, and it seemed to me that you'd still be eating around the same time as traditional dining times (give or take 30 minutes).

Yes, but you can alternate between late and early ones this way. In the case of being in Cozumel until 7pm this means I can still use the MDR for dinner that night since we'll be using the full time at the port to go to Chichen Itza. If we stuck with just 6pm traditional we wouldn't be able to eat in there that night.

In addition to the PDF already posted, I highly recommend checking out BrianAlt's Food Lover's Guide to Oasis. It is a must read before going on Oasis!!!!

Here is the original post on cruise critic

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1243807

And here is the PDF document with everyone else's comments:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8K45qWkduXcYTZjZjk2YWItMzJhNS00YzcyLTg4MWQtZDgzZjBmZjMyODU2&hl=en_US&authkey=CKnxzDQ

With regards to MTD, we are going to give it a try this year because we found that early seating was just too early some days, whether it was because we were in port, or had a latter lunch or late snack by the pool. We like the idea of being able to eat when we are ready. We are not making reservations ahead of time, and will know that there may be a wait when we are ready to eat, but at least it will be when we want to eat.

While we typically like traditional dining, we found that My Time Dining was the perfect solution to our cruise on Oasis. With shows that vary every day and night, we were happy to have the option of going when we wanted to and never worrying about our waiter wondering where we were, if we were going to show, or table mates that might be inconvenienced by a no show. We never made ressies..just showed up and were accomodated within a very reasonable amount of time every night we dined there.

Oasis/Allure is the perfect time to try My Time Dining. With two cruises coming up in December, I have booked one with MTD because of the family members who will be with us and one for Late Dining because Bill and I like the chance to meet new tablemates. So nice to have a choice.

Denb

Archived