Tampa Hotels

peas&carrots1

Looking for a hotel in Tampa that offers airport transportation and restaurants within walking distance. Suggestions?

The LaQuinta Tampa Airport is directly across the street from the International Plaza Mall. This is an upscale mall with lots of very nice restaurants and shopping. The hotel has an airport shuttle and port shuttle but there is a charge per person to get to the port. I think it is just a few dollars pp so no biggie. The hotel is adjacent to an IHOP but also offers a free hot breakfast. They will also shuttle you across the street to the mall or you can just walk. It is not an overly busy road, more like an access road so walking over is not a big deal. Here is a link to the Mall shops and restaruants. There is also a Wine and Tapas in the mall called THE GRAPE. You can buy wine for your cruise there if wanted.

http://www.shopinternationalplaza.com/dining_entertainment

If you are wanting a hotel that offers a complete cruise pkg that includes all of your transportation like airport shuttle and port shuttle both ways, I could suggest these three; The Holiday Inn Rocky Point, Hampton Inn Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point. All are in the same upscale area with a nice view of the bay and include all of your transsportation plus free breakfast and free shuttle service anywhere within a 4 mile area. The only drawback is that there is only one restaurant within walking distance. The Bahama Breeze. It is however a really good place to eat. They open at 11am for lunch and are open for dinner. They are located on the water and have a deck type area with a live band. It is a nice way to spend a pre cruise evening. Good luck to you and have a great cruise. :)

SteelerCruiser, I have been hearing lots of good things about that Tahitian hotel, especially the theme. Let us know how you enjoy it. :)

Will do but unfortunately I don't believe we will be much help for you as you all I see will be sailing in October and we don't go out til November. If you all decide to do the Tahitian Mos Def give some feedback whe yall come back. Happy Sailing!

SteelerCruiser:

We are sailing the Legend the week before you and are staying at the Tahitian. As a matter of fact, because we have a later flight home on Sunday, we are going to use the shuttle from the port back to the hotel and spend the afternoon at the pool! This was suggested by the folks at the Tahitian when I called to make our reservation.

So--on Sunday morning, November 6th, if you see two folks at the pool with two red suitcases, looking happy and rested, it will be us!

Have a great cruise!

Karen

Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at the hotel and some travel site reviews and booked the Tahitian for pre-cruise our December b2b. In the past , when in Tampa, we’ve stayed at the Hyatt downtown ( booked via Priceline at GREAT rates). Since we need a total of 10 nights parking, we need a different option this time. I'll report back after the cruise.

M

Archived