Pacific Dawn-NRL finals

Grove family

Unfortunately 'Australia Channel' who P&O previously used to broadcast NRL dropped their licensing with NRL so they don't show any NRL onboard at all now.

Was devastated when they didn't even show the State of Origin final onboard Pacific Pearl.

Hopefully by the time you go they have resolved something as an awful lot of people complained about not having it!

Unfortunately 'Australia Channel' who P&O previously used to broadcast NRL dropped their licensing with NRL so they don't show any NRL onboard at all now.

Was devastated when they didn't even show the State of Origin final onboard Pacific Pearl.

Hopefully by the time you go they have resolved something as an awful lot of people complained about not having it!

I think it's time I rang P&O ,I'll be devastated if the footy is not on.

Wow thanks for that it was very good to watch the nrl on board I watched last years state of origin.

:(

It was one of the best atmospheres i have been in for a game intercepting being there of course they even sold pies and sausage rolls in there on that night as well its sad that its changed.

Does anyone know if this years NRL grand final will be played on the Pacific Pearl 29SEP departure from Sydney. No one at P&O could tell me except the usual rhetoric to refer to the Pacific Daily that is published daily blah blah blah.

i doubt very much you'll see the NRL grand final.....AFL yes

Hi Dizzi,

Just got back form the P/Dawn today and no P&O wil not be showing any NRL final games as they have to pay to recive the broad cast.

P&O are showing all the AFL games as this is free to air servise as well of showing all the rugby world cup games as they paid alot to have the games live.

Not sure why P&O do not want to show the NRL as they are based from Brisy and Sydney. This cruise had to be around 80% of pepole from south east queensland and wanted to watch the finals.

I'd much rather be watching an onboard show, having a few cocktails, doing a shore tour, ya know...enjoying the cruise I'd paid for, rather than watching a footy match...seriously! If you'd rather watch the footy, why'd you book a cruise at that time (just wondering)? :)

Finetuneit,

Yeah you’re probably right. I would not let the footy finals put me off going on a cruise as I love my cruising but watching a game or 2 of the finals would of only add to the enjoyment. We had a ball watching the Collingwood vs Hawthorn game with a group of other passengers we would most probably of not interacted with. But by no means did not showing the NRL sour my trip.

By the way my loving wife chose this cruise and your braver than me to suggest otherwise.

As a Geelong supporter I am now very torn. Sailway for us is 2pm Saturday, and it is also AFL Grand Final with our beloved Cats :D! What a dilemma to have, I feel truly blessed:p.

Cheers,

Go the Maggies.

once again it proves P&O is out of touch with the location and majority of its customers. As is pointed out the majority of its cruisers are from the SE QLD/ NSW where NRL would be more popular, it knew when the Grand Final is on and if it does cost then it should have wacked on the fare by a few dollars per cabin. Heavan knows all the bars would recoup itself with higher liquor sales anyway if it were broadcasted.

I think P&O need to look who it has in it's marketing department, obviosuly are not doing its job too well.

Ah well just have to pass on my feedback on the cruisei guess.

Archived