Vancouver-precruise hotel with transfers

pmjnh

As anyone had any luck finding a precruise hotel with transfers to Canada Place?

I booked the Pan Pacific package but realized it does not provide transfer from the airport, but does to the pier, which seems kind of silly since it is adjacent to the pier.

I am looking for a hotel that offers a package that provides both airport transfer and transfer to Canada Place.

Thanks

As anyone had any luck finding a precruise hotel with transfers to Canada Place?

I booked the Pan Pacific package but realized it does not provide transfer from the airport, but does to the pier, which seems kind of silly since it is adjacent to the pier.

I am looking for a hotel that offers a package that provides both airport transfer and transfer to Canada Place.

The Pan Pacific is ontop of the cruise terminal, all you need to do is take the elevator to P1 (where the cruise terminal is located)

All of the downtown hotels are close to the cruise terminal, certainly fron any downtown hotel you'd be hard pressed to have a $10 taxi fare to the cruise terminal, so a hotel with free transfer but is $20 more is a false economy.

As for airport to downtown, a taxi is about $35-$45, or you can take the subway which runs straight from the airport to downtown for $8.75/ea (3.75 + 5 airport surcharge). The subway is faster than a taxi (especially during rush hour). The whole system is designed for airport travelers so it's roll on roll off with your luggage and impossible to get much easier.

Good luck finding a hotel with a courtesy car. Best bet is the cab stand right outside the baggage area. We stayed at the Marriott it was over priced but nice. Once we arrived we didn't have to deal with the luggage Celebrity took care of them. The ship terminal is a long way from the airport but the previous post is correct on the cost. Vancouver is a pretty city but we found every thing over priced and the meals we had the food was less then good it was quite a ordeal just to get there so we could leave for Alaska. Alaska was wonderful. This is my opinion and may not be the same as others.

There are no hotels in downtown Vancouver that offer free transfers from YVR to the hotel. There are two hotels that offer a free shuttle from hotel to Canada Place and they are the Best Western-Downtown on Drake St. and the Hampton Inn on Robson St. However don't focus to much on free transfers as Vancouver's downtown is very compact and you can walk to Canada Place from many and few are more than a $10 cab fare away from Canada Place.

Ok, thanks. I have since found that the Best Western and Hampton Inn offer both way transfers in a special "cruise package". This isn't available yet but could be an option if we decide against Pan Pacific. We really don't want to lug our luggage on the subway, but will consider a cab as an option.

Ok, thanks. I have since found that the Best Western and Hampton Inn offer both way transfers in a special "cruise package". This isn't available yet but could be an option if we decide against Pan Pacific. We really don't want to lug our luggage on the subway, but will consider a cab as an option.

I'll say it again

All of the downtown hotels are close to the cruise terminal, certainly from any downtown hotel you'd be hard pressed to have a $10 taxi fare to the cruise terminal, so a hotel with free transfer but is $20 more is a false economy.

You have to take a taxi from the airport..

Unlike every other cruise port in the world, Vancouver has a very effective light rail line that runs from the airport to just a couple of blocks from the cruise terminal. Not only is it designed for carrying luggage, it's inexpensive, and faster than a taxi.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived