Lobster on the Oasis?

fatcattravel

That was the 2nd formal night. Thursday was a port day.

I have to say I was amazed at the quality. We cruise a lot & it seems as though ships are cutting down on this a bit.

I thought it might not be to good on a ship that holds over 6,000 people.

They were not only the biggest tails I have seen in a long time but also cooked to perfection.

That was the 2nd formal night. Thursday was a port day.

I have to say I was amazed at the quality. We cruise a lot & it seems as though ships are cutting down on this a bit.

I thought it might not be to good on a ship that holds over 6,000 people.

They were not only the biggest tails I have seen in a long time but also cooked to perfection.

I agree they were definately the largest lobster tails I think we have ever seen on any of our cruises.

How many would they bring?

You got one tail with 5 shrimp. It was fantastic & if I could have squeezed in another I would have. The was a very large man with 2 16year old boys at our table. The boys each got 2 orders & the man 3 orders. The waiter didn't say anything & just politely brought them.

HOWEVER....

I ran into a man before dinner who was on his 2nd week of his back to back cruise. He had 2nd seating (we had first). He said that last week when people at his table tried to order 2nds, they were told they could not because too many people on first seating did ! Obviously, my table was a prime example of how that can happen. Perhaps people should be limited to 2 orders each. 3 is a bit piggy !

is lobster still serve 1 evening every cruise?

The only cruise I have ever been on without lobster was the Brilliance a few years back, and that was a 14 day! However, I've heard that the Brilliance is under different management (British?) than every other RC ship, so it does have its quirks.

A heads up for you Oasis cruisers: On our one Oasis cruise, the day after lobster night we happened into the Solarium cafe for lunch. Turns out there were leftover lobster tails that were shelled and stacked on the buffet! No melted butter though, we had to make do.

Archived