cruising with 39 women!!!

Im cruising with 39 women April 7 on Encantment of the seas celebrating some of our 40th!!! I want info on bringing beer on board, where the good night life is , and any info on getting freebies for a large group. Ive been told that when you book in a large group you sometimes get a free room or cocktail party or something our TA who is ithe most incompetent women Ive ever met said that RCCL is not offeriing these perks on this cruise. It was booked last June for again 39 people (well 29 , ten booked on there own) any info on this would be great . having lots of fun with this site!!:)

I am not an expert, but am in the process of booking a group of about 50 (40 booked so far, sailing in about 9-10 months).

My TA told me "The way the free fare (called Tour Conductor) works is you take the total of the first and second passengers in the cabin and divide by 16. So, if you end up with 25 cabins that is 50 passengers, divided by 16 is 3.12. They don't pay partial Tour conductors so you would get 3. They pay you on the category that was sold the most. They pay only on the cruise fare not port fees and taxes."

Mom, call RCI and just ask about group perks for your cruise. Then call your "incompetent" TA back and tell her to get you your perks.

I can't speak specifically for RCI, but when I booked my group last Sept on CCL, the CCL rep did say that group perks did vary by cruise.

Guest Jaxmania

When we were on Celebrity's Summit last Feb, for every six cabins booked, one person could go free. My TA gave me a check for the cost of one person. I cashed the check, divided the money by six and gave each couple an equal share. If we had another additional six cabins we would have earned the cost of one more person.

I do groups and incentives for a living. Your TA is not doing her job and the information she has provided raises lots of red flags. It is RCI's policy NOT to talk to passengers directly when they are booked through a TA. This could cause problems.

It may be too late on this trip but I suggest you work with an ethical and experienced agent in the future. She/he will know what is supposed to be provided and can watch rates for drops, etc. as well as plan your onboard needs.

It is agents like that who give TAs a bad rap.

Cruising with 39 women...Sign me up, that is if their is room after all the shoes are in the room:D :D

I think you might come to regret sharing space as the only guy amongst 39 women. Sounds good in theory, but I'm picturing a much different scenario than you've obviously conjured up, lol.

We have unfortunatly had a very bad experience with TA. dont think that I would use one again. We have done all the work, getting info on excurisions getting our own transportation to and from airport, booking our own airfare, I think we could have booked our own rooms on rccl .com I dont know what she is being paid for? Im sure that there are wonderful people out there that are full of great info and help but she is not. I am very glad I found this web page We are all first time cruisers and this has been very helpful. Thanks to everone:):):):)

It is RCI's policy NOT to talk to passengers directly when they are booked through a TA. This could cause problems.

Only for the TA, because they get dropped and loose out on commission they didn't earn anyway.

Mom, if you haven't already, call RCI and ask if you were to make you TA release the booking back to RCI, if they could help you with some perks. It might be too late for stateroom credits, but perhaps they could setup a private party for you or champagne or wine for your cabins. I would believe they'd much rather create repeat cruisers then worry about a TA that isn't doing their job.

Archived