Victory, Triumph - Verandah Aft?

sippican

I have read many cabin reviews, both on this forum and others, and am trying to weigh the pros and cons for cabin selection. I usually book on decks between other cabins (which would be the Empress on these ships) but am so tempted by the larger size of the balconies for 8030 and 8035! For anyone who has personally stayed on the Verandah aft on theses ships; would you book again? Was the noise from the Lido deck bothersome? Is a lower deck preferable?

Thanks in advance!

We stayed in cabin 8435 on the Verandah deck on the Victory (July 22-31, 2011) and had a wonderful time. Not once were we bothered by any noise (and I'm a VERY light sleeper). We heard the scraping chairs twice - around 8 pm), but that wasn't even remotely bothersome.

Verandah aft is also wondefully convenient to reach the Lido deck for breakfast or a quick snack.

The aft balconies are heaven! You see all the little islands go by and the sight and sound of that beautiful wake...

We never had any issues with stuff landing on our balcony either, so if there are still afts available, I'd say: Go for it!!

Yes! I'm booked on an aft wrap for my next cruise. Usually we book a regular balcony but I've heard so many wonderful things about the wrap. Ours is on the verandah deck so I'm a little concerned about the noise but wouldn't give up my cabin even if it is noisy. I just want to be prepared.

Which ship are you considering booking?

We stayed in an aft wrap on our last Triumph cruise (#7425). I'll NEVER do that again. Crap from above (upper Lido) was a constant problem. Drinks, cig butts, beer cans and even a roach (dope not insect).

We were confined to the small section on the starboard side that was fully covered.

Yes! I'm booked on an aft wrap for my next cruise. Usually we book a regular balcony but I've heard so many wonderful things about the wrap. Ours is on the verandah deck so I'm a little concerned about the noise but wouldn't give up my cabin even if it is noisy. I just want to be prepared.

Which ship are you considering booking?

Victory. We have a voucher from a cruise we needed to cancel, and I noticed that 8430 and 8435 are available.

We do love aft wraps, and will be on one in the Med. for 12 days starting Friday. :D

From what I've read, I think the plexiglass protects the aft Verandah deck a bit from the litter traveler27 mentions.

Some people just have no class. :rolleyes:

DH and I stayed in 8435 on the Victory on the 8/21 sailing. I love aft wraps so my opinion is partial :) We had 5 chairs, two lounges and two tables with plenty of room to walk around, and we could go around our corner to the "covered" section of our patio if we wanted to escape the sun. The chair scraping above us was audible but it was never during sleeping hours. Standing water a few times (it was overcast upon boarding thanks to Irene so the sun wasn't there to dry up the moisture) and one cigarette butt weren't enough to make me complain! If you don't mind an oddly-shaped room and enjoy a large balcony with lots of space, go for it!

DH and I stayed in 8435 on the Victory on the 8/21 sailing. I love aft wraps so my opinion is partial :) We had 5 chairs, two lounges and two tables with plenty of room to walk around, and we could go around our corner to the "covered" section of our patio if we wanted to escape the sun. The chair scraping above us was audible but it was never during sleeping hours. Standing water a few times (it was overcast upon boarding thanks to Irene so the sun wasn't there to dry up the moisture) and one cigarette butt weren't enough to make me complain! If you don't mind an oddly-shaped room and enjoy a large balcony with lots of space, go for it!

Now I'm really confused. 8435 does not show on the deck plans a a wrap. (8433 does)nor is it shaped oddly.:confused:

Carnival denies that the balconies on 8430 and 8435 are any wider that the

rest of the aft cabins, however reviews from other cruisers, and photos of the

aft clearly show some cabins are wider.

Link from a fellow cruiser http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1243871401063250804nsmbLO

Near the upper right is 8430 (I believe).

Please set me straight.

We stayed in an aft wrap on our last Triumph cruise (#7425). I'll NEVER do that again. Crap from above (upper Lido) was a constant problem. Drinks, cig butts, beer cans and even a roach (dope not insect).

We were confined to the small section on the starboard side that was fully covered.

I had the same cabin last year on the Triumph, we had very little litter/foreign objects on our balcony. I would guess that it varies according to how considerate your fellow cruisers are. I loved our aft wrap!

Now I'm really confused. 8435 does not show on the deck plans a a wrap. (8433 does)nor is it shaped oddly.:confused:

Please set me straight.

8435 is NOT a wrap. We stayed in that cabin less than 2 months ago and it was NEXT to the aft wrap.

Great cabin! We miss it....

We were in 8437 on the Triumph last Nov. We LOVED our aft and being on Verandah deck. And yes, the balcony beside ours, 8435, was about a fourth wider. It was the same depth but is definitely wider.

Our next Carnival cruise we will definitely try to get one of those coveted afts.

If you can get it, go for it!

Carnival denies that the balconies on 8430 and 8435 are any wider that the

rest of the aft cabins, however reviews from other cruisers, and photos of the

aft clearly show some cabins are wider.

Link from a fellow cruiser http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1243871401063250804nsmbLO

Please set me straight.

ACK! I'm so sorry, we were in 8433. I was typing my post at work in between talking to someone about an issue and I totally flubbed it.

*slowly backing out of the thread before I further embarrass myself*

ACK! I'm so sorry, we were in 8433. I was typing my post at work in between talking to someone about an issue and I totally flubbed it.

We're going to be in 8433 on the Triumph. Any particular likes or dislikes about your cabin? I already know I'm going to love, love, love my balcony!

Lol! The price you pay for posting from work. :D

Thanks for trying to be helpful, I'm sure others looking for cabins in this location will find your information valuablel. We had considered those corner wraps, but for more than $500 additional, looks like we'll go with either 8430 or 8435. I'll watch for price drops and maybe switch later (I was able to snag a premium cabin that way on our Med. Cruise.)

I was more concerned about the noise from above, but seems like it's a minor issue for such great cabins.

Archived