Just back from Black Sea

Judyumcer@aol.com

We didn't know what to expect in the Black Sea. We ended up with very pleasant memories. It is very beautiful and undiscovered by most American tourists. Oceania did a terrific job with this cruise. i would recommend the Black Sea only if you have already seen most of Europe. Our weather absolutely perfect. Never put on a jacket once. The food was very, very good onboard. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. We had many private tours with other CC members. We did the ship's tour of Yalt's Palaces. it was really nice. I have no complaints about this itinerary or the cruiseline. A+

It is a beautiful part of the world, for sure. We too loved the area; found it quite underdeveloped compared to the Med (which we thought was a nice thing). However, if we all keep singing its praises, it won't remain undiscovered for long!

We looked at this itinerary for several years but O always seemed relatively expensive; we ended up going on Silversea last June and we were happy with the price.

Did you visit Constantza? If so, curious about your impression of that port. Many don't like it, but we enjoyed it.

We didn't know what to expect in the Black Sea. We ended up with very pleasant memories. It is very beautiful and undiscovered by most American tourists. Oceania did a terrific job with this cruise. i would recommend the Black Sea only if you have already seen most of Europe. Our weather absolutely perfect. Never put on a jacket once. The food was very, very good onboard. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. We had many private tours with other CC members. We did the ship's tour of Yalt's Palaces. it was really nice. I have no complaints about this itinerary or the cruiseline. A+

Thank so much for the update on the Black Sea Cruise. We have been thinking of doing it but due the few dates available have not been able to. Will have to see about doing it in 2012.

Kim

Hi Judy! We are going on the Black Sea cruise next year and I have a bunch of questions for you! Thank you for volunteering!

1- are there taxi's available at the port of Trabzon? If you used a private shore excursion to get to the monastery, who did you use?

2- what is there to do in Batumi?

3- What did you do in Sinop?

4- Were you able to see the Swallow's Nest at any time from the ship? I would love to see it, but already have an excursion planned that does not go there...so I hope I might be able to catch a glimpse of it from the Regatta.

THANKS!!

Judy A in Arizona

Archived