Wine packages and drinks on balcony ??

joybaby

I am cruising on the POESIA Nov. 19-26 (Carib.) and want to order a wine package. Can we have a bottle sent to our cabin for a drink on our balcony or must it all be consumed in the dining room?

We won't drink 7 bottle of wine in a week in the dining room, so surely we do not want to order additional wine from room service to have a glass on the balcony before dinner.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Joyce

I am cruising on the POESIA Nov. 19-26 (Carib.) and want to order a wine package. Can we have a bottle sent to our cabin for a drink on our balcony or must it all be consumed in the dining room?

We won't drink 7 bottle of wine in a week in the dining room, so surely we do not want to order additional wine from room service to have a glass on the balcony before dinner.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Joyce

That is my problem too. I would like to order if we can use it on balcony

my cruise is 4 days and I am wondering if a prepaid package really would be worth it or work.........if I knew how much wine was per glass or average price per bottle that might help......someone said 8 dollars per glass.....it is hard to judge when this is a first.........;)

my cruise is 4 days and I am wondering if a prepaid package really would be worth it or work.........if I knew how much wine was per glass or average price per bottle that might help......someone said 8 dollars per glass.....it is hard to judge when this is a first.........;)

Depends on where your cruise is. In the Caribbean it was not $8 per glass. Not sure though for Europe. In my experience in the Caribbean, MSC had some of the best wine prices we have encountered.

Depends on where your cruise is. In the Caribbean it was not $8 per glass. Not sure though for Europe. In my experience in the Caribbean, MSC had some of the best wine prices we have encountered.

monicajay,

I made the org. posting and yes, my cruise is in the Carib. Nov. 19-26. Did you purchase a wine package?

Thanks, Joyce

monicajay,

I made the org. posting and yes, my cruise is in the Carib. Nov. 19-26. Did you purchase a wine package?

Thanks, Joyce

Yes, I know the prices have gone up but when I purchased I got the 7 bottles for $125.00 they had a cheaper one but it was for house only and we still got a choice of bottle on our package.

They had a special wine list for those that took the package.

Unless you are going to get through almost 2 bottles of wine per day, I'd say it would not be worth your while. You don't get refunds on unused bottles so it could work out more expensive if you don't drink it all.

Just either by it by the glass or carafe. Even a bottle at dinner..they'll keep it and bring it back to your table the following evening if you don't use it all. In Europe they atart at around 18 euros per bottle. Nice ones from 22-28 euros and then therre are loads of good and very good premium ones. The cheaper ones are perfectly fine though.

There will also be daily onboard specials for the cocktail of the day and the odd happy hour (that usually lasts 2 hours) so there will be other opportunities to save money other than pre booking a package.

I found the carafe house wine to be reasonably cheap and very drinkable - I have no-one who wants to share a bottle with me and I only ever dring one glass - when I bought a bottle last cruise the waiters brought it back each night until it was finished - however the Pinky's are what I'm looking forward to - this time I think I will have more cocktails and less wine. ;)

Archived