What beach is the best?

jenjes3

Hi.. we will be in the Adventure of the Seas May 22 sailing... About a 1 1/2 years ago, husband and I went to Dickenson Beach by the Sandals.. unfortunately it started to rain when we got there and couldn't really enjoy the area like we wanted.. Now we are going with our two daughters, ages 21 and 19 .. we would like nice beach with chairs.. drinks.. bathrooms.. and maybe some snorkling? I see a lot of people mentioning Pineapple.. and other beaches.. Which one does everyone suggest? Thanks for the help!

Karen

Just back from last week's trip and we went to Deep Bay, adjacent to the Grand Antiguan Hotel. Short, 10 min, cab trip for 20$ or so. You walk through the hotel lobby, out past the pool, to a very nice beach. We got two chairs @ $5 each, snorkel equipment at $10 per set, and there was a nice place for drinks and a bite to eat. Snorkeling off the beach was good at either end and the beach was also great for just swimming. Some power boat type stuff was also available for those that like that sort of thing. All in all a nice place to visit close by the port! DaveM

• 1 month later...

Bump... Still trying to decide about the beach!!! Runaway? Dickenson? Long bay, Turner??? don't know... anyone give any suggestions.. don't want to be too far from terminal.. 20 min ride.. ? calm crystal waters.. chairs.. drinks foods... thanks for your help

Bump... Still trying to decide about the beach!!! Runaway? Dickenson? Long bay, Turner??? don't know... anyone give any suggestions.. don't want to be too far from terminal.. 20 min ride.. ? calm crystal waters.. chairs.. drinks foods... thanks for your help

If you want the above chairs..Drink..Food etc. Do Turners. If you want great snokeling do Long Bay.:confused:

Hi.. we will be in the Adventure of the Seas May 22 sailing... About a 1 1/2 years ago, husband and I went to Dickenson Beach by the Sandals.. unfortunately it started to rain when we got there and couldn't really enjoy the area like we wanted.. Now we are going with our two daughters, ages 21 and 19 .. we would like nice beach with chairs.. drinks.. bathrooms.. and maybe some snorkling? I see a lot of people mentioning Pineapple.. and other beaches.. Which one do, es everyone suggest? Thanks for the help!

Karen

Hello Karen: we just got back from Antigua (Golden Princess). We went to Pineapple Beach for a day pass. Excellent. Beautiful beach, wonderful staff, full shade or full sun. I'm not much for sitting on the beach, but this place was great. We didn't want to leave.

Found a great taxi driver, I'll see if I can find his email, if you'd like. He's a lifelong Antiguan who happens to be a diehard NFL/ Eagles fan. Highly recommended. Enjoy!!

Re: Pineapple Beach All inclusive pass. I emailed Pineapple Beach and they told me about their pass. Just wondering how much the cab ride each way from the ship was? Did you book the all inclusive on line?

Stayed in Antigua for a week a couple of years ago and the beached were beautiful. Thank you.

We stayed at Sandals Antigua which is on Dickenson Bay. I'd recommend trying to find either a private beach (and get a day pass) or a really remote beach. Any of the popular public beaches are swarming with people trying to sell you things- it's non-stop all day. If you don't mind this sort of thing then that's fine but if you want a nice relaxing day on the beach I'd definately advise finding a private one.

Have a great time :)

• 4 weeks later...
We stayed at Sandals Antigua which is on Dickenson Bay. I'd recommend trying to find either a private beach (and get a day pass) or a really remote beach. Any of the popular public beaches are swarming with people trying to sell you things- it's non-stop all day. If you don't mind this sort of thing then that's fine but if you want a nice relaxing day on the beach I'd definately advise finding a private one.

Have a great time :)

Hi,

Did you get a day pass to Sandals Antigua? If so how much was it and what did it include. Also how far and how much did it cost you to get there. Was it a nice beach?

Many thanks,

Lisa

Archived