Booking charge/credit

carmenincalgary

I had booked my cruise using the Early Saver fares, but due to a relationship break-up, I had the cruise that was originally in my ex's name changed to my mom (we will have a blast!). I was under the impression that I'd lose $50 and I'd be able to use $200 towards a future cruise (we'd paid a $250 non-refundable deposit and these were the terms to change the name).

I just paid my final payment, and I'm now showing a Booking Charge/Credit for $250. I've done my research before posting this, and it looks like that is often how onboard credit looks on someones account.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Will I be able to use this money as OBC? I'm okay with losing the $50 but it would be nice to use the $200 sooner rather than later, although it would be a great incentive to cruise again!!

Look at your cruise documents ( click on the tab under mangage my cruise on Carnival.com that says review my cruise documents). If you do have the 250 OBC it will be listed there as well in your payment history. If you see it in your cruise documents print it out and take onboard with you as proof.

I had booked my cruise using the Early Saver fares, but due to a relationship break-up, I had the cruise that was originally in my ex's name changed to my mom (we will have a blast!). I was under the impression that I'd lose $50 and I'd be able to use $200 towards a future cruise (we'd paid a $250 non-refundable deposit and these were the terms to change the name).

I just paid my final payment, and I'm now showing a Booking Charge/Credit for $250. I've done my research before posting this, and it looks like that is often how onboard credit looks on someones account.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Will I be able to use this money as OBC? I'm okay with losing the $50 but it would be nice to use the $200 sooner rather than later, although it would be a great incentive to cruise again!!

I just went through this when mt DD's boyfriend canceled.

You can not use the deposit for the person that canceled on ths cruise, hence the penalty charge.

You will need to fill out a form with Carnval and have the canceled person depost transferred to you. You wll be then able to use this depost less a $50 penalty on a future cruise.

Thanks for the information - I don't see anything on my cruise documents so I'll assume the money is just sitting there waiting for me to use on another cruise.

When I cancelled they did say that I would get the credit (as I booked the cruise with my CC) and that it would be good for two years... I just needed to keep track of the confirmation number to access it at a later date.

I was hopeful that they gave it to me in OBC though!

Archived