Has anyone used Carnival booked Airline service?

go titans

Last year I did inquire

At that time they would not allowme to fly in the day before

And the rate quoted seemed to high

I did not pursue

I did fly in and saved 30 % booking on my own and it was direct

I also did some research on here that said ccl travel flew the in crazy route

Do your home work

Hope this helps

Only back in the 80's and even then they just barely got us from Tulsa to Miami with enough time to get on the ship. We didn't know any better at the time.

It sounds as though you've already booked it and I don't know when you will be notified, but check the route and times carefully. They are notorious for having plane changes and not getting you to your embarkation airport until after 2 in the afternoon.

If you don't think that you can make the schedule call them back and try to get them to change you flights. Or better yet call now and see if you can cancel the air portion and book your own flights.

Well, for our upcoming transatlantic cruise, we booked through the Fly Aweigh program, and at least for the Barcelona-bound flight (and hotel stay), we are very satisfied at the moment, with only one stop and a good hotel one day before embarkation. I am a little more concerned about our flight home from Galveston, with not much time between connections, but we shall see. As it stands, the cost of the entire travel arrangements both ways for my DW and myself is less than the cost of ONE flight to Spain, even on Priceline or Orbitz. We received our flight info about 60 days before the cruise, which I think was more of a nail-biter because we were impatient than for any other reason.

On one other thread on here about this, someone said the same thing, that for European cruises CCL did very well by them. I am not sure at all whether we would use their services for a domestic departure, so we shall see for our January 2013 Hawaiian cruise what we do (especially since we are going with Nicci's parents who are disabled and we don't want to risk not being on the same flight with them). For now, however, and speaking before we even have taken off, we're okay with our flight arrangements with Carnival. If you make any arrangements yourself with them, OP, good luck, and enjoy your cruise in any event!

OP - there have been countless threads about folks barely making it to the ship, flights at ridiculous times, flights cancelled at the airport the last minute, missed connections, mechanical issues, being stressed out once on board, etc.

If you book airfare with Carnival, you will not find out your flights until at least a month out - sometimes a week. They are usually not happy about changing flights, but will do so if you complain loud enough. Also, make sure that you have both cruise and air insurance, in case something happens and you miss the cruise.

If you want to read about the methodology used, click here:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530322

If it was me, I would cancel air through Carnival and book on my own. I would also arrive to the port city the day before so that I had time to relax and chill out before boarding for the cruise.

Best of luck!

We booked our air through Carnival on our first cruise. We didn't find out until a week before and we barely made it to the ship. They were waiting for us and we ran through registering to make the ship. We had less than an hour before the ship left. This was back in 2005. The flight home was a late flight as well so spent the whole day sitting in the airport. We have never booked with them again always book our own, less stressful that way and fly in at least a day before more often 2 days before.

On our first cruise with Carnival - and first cruiser EVER - we booked our air with Carnival. I'm so glad we did because when we came back from the cruise, customs held everyone up and we were late for our flight home. carnival was on it in a heartbeat and got us back home promptly!

Please help, who has flown booking air service through Carnival?

When does Carnival inform you of your flight schedules so that you can complete the funpass information?

My first cruise was out of my home port, so need for a flight. But I've booked my 2nd cruise and was going to use the fly-aweigh program until I learned that:

a) You and your guests may not be on the same flight(s) unless you're rooming together.

b) You have no say in which airport you leave out of

c) You have no say in flight times or carrier

d) Until the air portion is paid; the price is subject to increase! :eek:

Needless to say, I canceled and booked my own air. The one plus with booking the air through Carnival is that if for some unforeseen reason you miss the ship, they'll ensure you make it to the next port and put you in a hotel room if need be.

I'd say book your own air...it's cheaper!

Good luck to you.

On my very first cruise, I used Carnival's air and transfer services. First and last time for that! I always fine better on my own, and have control of when we fly. We also usually fly down a day before, makes it so much easier!!

Booked Fly Aweigh for the first time. We booked this cruise over a year ago. DH was diagnosed with advanced cancer in May. We were planning to drive the 970 miles to port. Dr. says cruise is fine, but road trip is not a good idea. I booked flight with Carnival so I would have them to take care of any flight cancellations or changes that might occur. Received the flights yesterday and they have us flying out from Indianapolis 2 hours away from home at 6:00 am. We fly to Washington DC, change planes and fly to Orlando. Not sure that this is going to be a smooth day with DH in a wheelchair. I'm worried now but not sure what to do. And to top it off, the seat assignments are not together. :confused:

Booked Fly Aweigh for the first time. We booked this cruise over a year ago. DH was diagnosed with advanced cancer in May. We were planning to drive the 970 miles to port. Dr. says cruise is fine, but road trip is not a good idea. I booked flight with Carnival so I would have them to take care of any flight cancellations or changes that might occur. Received the flights yesterday and they have us flying out from Indianapolis 2 hours away from home at 6:00 am. We fly to Washington DC, change planes and fly to Orlando. Not sure that this is going to be a smooth day with DH in a wheelchair. I'm worried now but not sure what to do. And to top it off, the seat assignments are not together. :confused:

Archived