Handicapped rooms on the Spirit

lvcruises

I'm looking at taking my handicapped brother on this ship. I think she is smaller than the Jewel class ships so I was wondering what the room sizes were like. I'm looking at the ocean view rooms.. they have quite a few of them that are next to each other so we could next door. I want him to be able to come and go easily in either room. If you have pictures or know where I can see some please let me know. This will be his first NCL cruise so I want to make sure he is comfortable and their rooms will work. He will probably have a small scooter.

I'm looking at taking my handicapped brother on this ship. I think she is smaller than the Jewel class ships so I was wondering what the room sizes were like. I'm looking at the ocean view rooms.. they have quite a few of them that are next to each other so we could next door. I want him to be able to come and go easily in either room. If you have pictures or know where I can see some please let me know. This will be his first NCL cruise so I want to make sure he is comfortable and their rooms will work. He will probably have a small scooter.
You need to try to get a handicap room,so his scooter will fit through the door. Have a great cruise!:)

You can expect the handicap cabins to be about 1.5 times the size of a comparable regular cabin. However, much of this is the width of the cabin and a much larger bathroom and a wider door from the hallway. There will not be much furniture, so that a wheel chair can turn around in the room.

here is a view of the floor plan on deck 4 of the Spirit for a "Disabled" ocean view cabin. A regular cabin is next to it in the same color.

You can see the relative sizes in this diagram.

I hope that this helps....by the way, I did not see many Disabled cabins on any deck on the Spirit (the "square" symbol in a specific cabin on the deck plans denotes these cabins)

handicapOVCabinSpirit.jpg.5fcce19dfd20e88b3b345ac4b7888579.jpg

We were in Cabin 4498 on the Spirit last year. This is a porthole cabin. I am checking on photos for you. At any rate, I am happy to answer any questions.

The room was more than large enough. We had a large scooter, and we also rented a recliner for the room from the same company.

My recollection is that there are not many accessible cabins on the Spirit, so I would book as soon as possible.

We have cruised on thr Spirit twice and in a hc cabin -- inside cabins --- my husband has jazzy wheelchair --- the door way is plenty wide enough -- bath room has plenty of room to -- I just hope they change the decore --- too too too dark --- very depressing for me -- last time in a hc inside cabin --- from pic's I have seen -- it looks much brighter --

Cabins on the Spirit are a bit smaller in general --

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE HAVING FRSH AIR - now have at least a balcony, miini suites, or GV --- love it --- husband just comes along ---

THERE IS A LOT TO LOVE ABOUT THIS SHIP -- I AM HAPPY FOR YOU-- SAD/JEALOUS FOR ME --

if you have a wheelchair that folds up you will be fine in any cabin --- AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE --

I WILL TELL YOU THIS --- WE WERE ON HER THE FIRST TIME TO CHECK IT OUT FOR THE SECOND TIME WE WERE PLANNING --- WE WERE 28 OF US--- HAD THE BEST CRUISE EVER -- EIGHT DAY CRUISE OUT OF NEW YORK --- AND HAVE DONE 32 -- The Spirit was the best cruise --

Here are the photos of Cabin 4498.

These were taken at one time. You see some of the scooter in Photo 1, and you also see it in Photo 6, so that gives you an idea of the distance. Photo 6 was taken about at the doorway. Please note that we rented the large reclining chair. This was a great cabin, and the Spirit is a wonderful ship.

Do not forget an extension cord. We used a power strip and extension cord as both the scooter and chair needed to be plugged into the outlet under the mirror.

4498-1.jpg.9af24147b04b849d96be8ad6e120bfa6.jpg

4498-2.jpg.219b32305d46ada8785f844068237e9b.jpg

4498-3.jpg.e7fea879fe7b6a0ffda0e6372cdc2bb6.jpg

4498-4.jpg.e007a9ae2cd1d7b3a70da02706ab7bf6.jpg

4498-5.jpg.8300bc51982284e462c9a802f6ab5a31.jpg

4498-6.jpg.977a707c0e24b77185bfb7443c20cc6e.jpg

Archived