MDR Food Favs

GORDONCHICK

Just off the LIberty, and the Prime Rib and Lamb were absolutely declicious. The only thing I had that I did not care for was the Snapper fish. Tried the new Shark rolls, and frog legs ( yes they taste like chicken). I thought they were both good.

How did you get to eat at the Chef's table? Is there a huge difference in the food there?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I'm a noob :o - my first cruise will be in Feb.

There's a $75 charge and you go to the galley for a taste of 4 starters with champagne. On some ships you eat in the galley. On Legend we went into Medussa's. The food is really good for the most part. Sea bass was the best fish I've ever had, so juicy! The mashed potatoes were very creamy. I didn't like the Medeterrainean salad. It's 3 1/2 hours.

They used to give a cookbook, we didn't get one. Had a picture taken also.

Unfortunately the lady beside me was just so boring--talked about renting a houseboat in Paris for the whole time.

You can never go wrong with any of the cold soups ;)

Yes...mmmm! There was a chilled bing cherry soup that was just incredible! I also really liked the pistacio creme brulee...very yummy!

To be honest- none of the entrees jumped out at me as OMG! -This is the best thing ever!!...most were very good but none truly stand out in my memory. But that cherry soup does as well as that creme brulee (and of course the WCMC, but that goes without saying! ;))

Duck was one of my favs as well, sad to see it gone. I am from Maine. I don't eat the 'lobster' they serve in the MDR. quote]

I don't bother with it either, having grown up in Maine - but I know I'm in the minority because everyone else loved it. (Disclaimer: I don't eat lobster except on my infrequent trips back to Maine, so I may be a bit high maintenance that way.) :D

The only menu standout for me was a piece of chocolate cake I had that was part of the "chocolate bar" in the Lido buffet on the last sea day of the Inspiration cruise I was just on.. it was amazing, and I'm not a huge dessert person!

Archived