Balconies on Marina

nedward

DrFun - MaryLou' date=' Just checking this thread since Marianne and I will be sailing in one of these cabins - 7126 - on our Baltic cruise (8/21/12 out of Stockholm) and saw your post. We sailed with you on the Oosterdam several years ago out of Rome. We were one deck above you in those lovely deluxe vernda suites.

Hope all is well with you, and you are both healthy. Have a great New Year, and enjoy your TA cruise.

Donna[/quote']

Glad to see your post! we are looking at 7125 for Tahiti! We were on the new Amsterdam with you last summer and scored the big rear wrap around and loved it! Say hi To Marianne!

If you take the FIRST of those cabins with deeper balcony on either side (I believe they are 7008 & 7009 in aft section or 7108 & 7111 forward) you will have a clear view forward or backward without the dividing wall.

The 7008 and 9 have the benifit of being wind sheltered and a great aft view. The are about 2x the size of others

Oh, by the way they are now B-#3 not B4 and command a higher price.. but worth it for these 2 cabins... I am spending a month in one.

The aft 7108/11 will be much more breezy:o

The 7008 and 9 have the benifit of being wind sheltered and a great aft view. The are about 2x the size of others

Oh, by the way they are now B-#3 not B4 and command a higher price.. but worth it for these 2 cabins... I am spending a month in one.

The aft 7108/11 will be much more breezy:o

We had the 7111 on Marina, LOVED it. I think the word is out on these cabins because I could not get one for our upcoming cruise. Lucky you!

BonVoyage

We had the 7111 on Marina, LOVED it. I think the word is out on these cabins because I could not get one for our upcoming cruise. Lucky you!

BonVoyage

We have this stateroom for our April 2014 Marina cruise. Very excited but slightly concerned about wind. Can anyone who has sailed in this stateroom comment on the wind on the verandah?

We have this stateroom for our April 2014 Marina cruise. Very excited but slightly concerned about wind. Can anyone who has sailed in this stateroom comment on the wind on the verandah?

We were in 7115 on the Marina and Riviera which is next to 7111. 7111 is very windy and would get a lot of puddling if it rained. The wall acted as a wind break for us. I would wait and see what someone who actually had the cabin says.

Wind will certainly depend on the weather conditions & obviously if the ship is in motion. I would presume there would less wind in the similar forward cabins. We asked the rm attend. for lounge chairs and sat out regularly, for a.m. coffee, after a day of tours & before dinner (mostly when the ship was anchored or docked) While sailing, ex:during the night, there were no noises caused by the wind or anything of that nature. In my experience, our stay in cabin 7111, the wind was not a factor. We would definitely book that cabin again for the extra lounge space & view from the open side.

Wind will certainly depend on the weather conditions & obviously if the ship is in motion. I would presume there would less wind in the similar forward cabins. We asked the rm attend. for lounge chairs and sat out regularly, for a.m. coffee, after a day of tours & before dinner (mostly when the ship was anchored or docked) While sailing, ex:during the night, there were no noises caused by the wind or anything of that nature. In my experience, our stay in cabin 7111, the wind was not a factor. We would definitely book that cabin again for the extra lounge space & view from the open side.

Thanks for the reassurance. A few months ago we were on Celebrity's Solstice front facing (largest balcony) forward stateroom on the "hump". So the exposure was similar to 7111. We found it perfect...the views amazing. Glad to learn we can ask for lounge chairs...fabulous!

We were in 7115 on the Marina and Riviera which is next to 7111. 7111 is very windy and would get a lot of puddling if it rained. The wall acted as a wind break for us. I would wait and see what someone who actually had the cabin says.

This why I choose the 7008 location as it is the reverse of 7111 with 4 cabins ( all deep) acting as a wind break. After talking to others who stayed in the 7008/9 ones they said it was like having a stern cabin or sitting in the bar aft...

I had to book the second they offered the cruise for the cabin as they all went, according to Oceania the first day they were offered. ( Tahiti to NY)

Point being folks know how good they are.... lots of folks.:rolleyes:

Archived