Nervous about location

swytie410

Just booked a balcony on the Lido Deck. Just wondering, has anyone had a room on this deck and how rocky, loud, etc. is it. Wondering if I should change to Carib. Help!!!!

Well, if you have the choice, I'd pick the Caribe deck for the larger balcony. But we did enjoy a Lido deck stateroom because it was so close to the pool deck. As long as you are forward of the front elevator core, it'll be fairly quiet.

Just booked a balcony on the Lido Deck. Just wondering, has anyone had a room on this deck and how rocky, loud, etc. is it. Wondering if I should change to Carib. Help!!!!

We sail on the Caribbean Princess on Saturday. We booked a BF guarantee and were placed in L312 category BA, an end balcony nearest the pool. We are holding our breath waiting to see how this goes. I'll let you know when we get back.

We booked a Guarantee on the Emerald last year and were 'upgraded' to the Lido deck. I was a little worried about it.

It turned out just fine; very convenient to the pool deck and (way too)close to the buffet. The forward stairs and elevators were never very busy and we never heard a thing when we were in our room, which was a couple of doors down from the stairs.

Our cruise was quite smooth so the far forward location was not a problem. I suppose if seas were rougher, or if you are really prone to motion sickness, maybe it could factor in.

We actually found it very convenient to just head down the hall a few cabins and be right out on the pool deck.

The only negative was that we like to walk the stairs rather than take elevators whenever possible and it is quite a trek up from, say, deck 4--we were puffing big time, and we probably used the elevator more than we usually do.

I had a lido balcony and it was fine. There was a little noise frm the gym above but nothing bad. I liked that we could easily go up to the Lap pool because it is adult only and very quiet. Nice lounge chairs around the pool but you have to get there early as there are not many and they don't really get sun

Archived