FOD gatherings - NCL's Pride of America

Kruz Guys

• 4 weeks later...

There are FOD meetings on the Pride of America. We went on this cruise 3 years ago and loved it. However, it does get negative reviews which I feel is unjustified. You go on this cruise for the itinerary not for the ship. We only ate in a dining room 1 night on this cruise (1st night) since we explored the islands up until the ship left port. We met a straight couple and spent time with them most of the trip. We even still keep in contact with them. I highly recommend flying into Honolulu a couple days earlier to explore the area (Diamond Head, Waikiki, Aloha Swap Meet, Pearl Harbor, etc.). The North Shore is wonderful. There are a lot of things to do on each island. You definately will want to rent a car on all of the islands.

Gary

There are FOD meetings on the Pride of America. We went on this cruise 3 years ago and loved it. However, it does get negative reviews which I feel is unjustified. You go on this cruise for the itinerary not for the ship. We only ate in a dining room 1 night on this cruise (1st night) since we explored the islands up until the ship left port. We met a straight couple and spent time with them most of the trip. We even still keep in contact with them. I highly recommend flying into Honolulu a couple days earlier to explore the area (Diamond Head, Waikiki, Aloha Swap Meet, Pearl Harbor, etc.). The North Shore is wonderful. There are a lot of things to do on each island. You definately will want to rent a car on all of the islands.

Gary

Aloa, Thanks for sharing your thought and responding to the thread.

Yes, I've read the negative review and a lot of positive ones. We always travel with open minds knowing that everything will not be perfect, and we have alwyas had a great time on our cruises. Glad to hear that the POA does have FOD gatherings. Interestingly enough we seem to meet nice gays and straights with or without the FOD meetings. Never seems to be a problem. The FODs can be fun and interesting at times however. Every once in a while you meet a nerd or someone you don't want to be around but that is so rare. Like you, we've teamed up with a straight couple or two in the past and continue correspondence. Last South America cruise we met up with a nice gay couple and did a lot of tours with them. Nice. ;)

We are flying in on Dec 8th from Houston arriving mid afternoon (nice, non-stop). Going directly to the Waikii Beach Marriott Resort, unpack, relax and look around the immediate area. The next day we're doing a 9 hour Island Tour to get a good overview of Oahu. Then we board the POA Saturday afternoon.

Looking forward to the cruise as we've never been to Hawaii and from what we've read and heard it will be wonderful and beautiful.

Mahalo.

Stephen and Tom

stephenandtom@att.net

Kruz Guys ;) :D

Archived