EmbarkmentIn Miami

joeangel

DH and I stayed there last year when sailing on the Valor, although we drove to Miami and didn't fly in. Bennigans is horrible - don't eat there. No one speaks English and the food is mediocre. We took a cab to the Port of Miami and as we were driving along, I realized the cab driver wasn't going the right way. Just as I was about to say something, he asked where were we going in Miami Beach? What? I said we were going to the Port of Miami, not MB. Again, the lack of English speaking people is very apparent and you have to be very careful. We took a cab back to LQ after the cruise and it was better.

The hotel is okay, nothing special, but we weren't expecting the Ritz anyway. I would stay closer to the Port next time. Hotel staff do not speak very good English either. We live in Florida, but more north, and don't have the language issues that are so evident in Miami. I am fluent in Spanish, but it is still annoying to me that no one speaks English as their primary language in Miami.

The Valor cruise was spectacular and we loved every minute.

DH and I stayed there last year when sailing on the Valor, although we drove to Miami and didn't fly in. Bennigans is horrible - don't eat there. No one speaks English and the food is mediocre. We took a cab to the Port of Miami and as we were driving along, I realized the cab driver wasn't going the right way. Just as I was about to say something, he asked where were we going in Miami Beach? What? I said we were going to the Port of Miami, not MB. Again, the lack of English speaking people is very apparent and you have to be very careful. We took a cab back to LQ after the cruise and it was better.

The hotel is okay, nothing special, but we weren't expecting the Ritz anyway. I would stay closer to the Port next time. Hotel staff do not speak very good English either. We live in Florida, but more north, and don't have the language issues that are so evident in Miami. I am fluent in Spanish, but it is still annoying to me that no one speaks English as their primary language in Miami.

The Valor cruise was spectacular and we loved every minute.

Second no vote for Bennigans. I also have a printed paper with address of where we are going and show driver if there is any language question--mostly in San Juan, I guess we got lucky in Miami as after we dropped car rental off National has a shuttle that will take you to the pier. They ask for car reservations (old papers) just so noone hops on free shuttle to pier.

Setting your S&S account up with cash is super easy at the Kiosk! When you scan your id's, etc. it'll then ask for your credit card, but there is another option for not using CC - I can't remember exactly what it says, something like "I don't have a CC" or "other", but it's easy to figure out and there is always someone to assist you. Then you just feed the machine your cash - however much you want to add. You can do as little as $20, just to set up the account and you can add more later at guest service. Or, you can put as much on as you want at this time. It really is very very easy.

Cool, thanks

You can continually add funds to your account throughout the cruise. Just go to guest service and they will add what ever amount you want. Say you only want to allow yourself $50/day - just go to guest service every day and add $50. At the end of of the week, in the early morning of Debark, they will slide a check under your door if there are any funds left on your account. Guest services will cash the check or just cash it when you get home.

You can continually add funds to your account throughout the cruise. Just go to guest service and they will add what ever amount you want. Say you only want to allow yourself $50/day - just go to guest service every day and add $50. At the end of of the week, in the early morning of Debark, they will slide a check under your door if there are any funds left on your account. Guest services will cash the check or just cash it when you get home.

Thanks for quick reply--CC members are the best and so knowledgeable!

I like the budget idea..great for DS and his GF

Kind of off topic, but on the Valor the decks forward and way up check out the adult serenity area. Not many people found it on our sailing until day 3 or 4. So the first few days you can enjoy it nice and quiet. Have fun.

That looks awesome, I wish the Victory Serenity deck was as hidden. This spring will be our first cruise since they started retro fitting Serenity areas. Can anyone tell me if they "enforce" the 21 age in area. DS will be almost 21 and I am sure like to relax with us. I would find it ironic to kick him out when you can't get the kids out of the hot tubs.

Anyone also know on Victory if the blue items are pools or hot tubs? I am using deckplans dot com thanks.

Archived