Inspiration Cabin Help!! Please

RMM34667

I asked this before but never got clear answer.

I am DESPERATE to book a cruise for November. Living in FL there are SO MANY to choose from. I'm really trying to do cheap as I have a MED Cruise booked for May. But I can't wait 252 days and need a quick fix.

Problem: Traveling with elderly parents (and I'm NOT young). Looking at the Inspiration out of Tampa. Everytime I go through the booking I get

stateroom includes a trundle bed (73"x29")

Has ANYONE ever experienced these trundle beds. My only experience with a trundle bed was on NCL Pearl and it came out from one of the twins and it was like having one big bed with three people sleeping across. It was AWFUL.

Are there ANY options on this ship (short of the suites which would negate the cheap) for 3 Adults traveling together?

Or am I imagining a problem where it doesn't exist? Should I just book the cruise, deal with it???

THANKS

When my dh, ds, and I cruised on Inspiration, we had a cabin for 3 people. The third bed was a pullman that dropped down from the ceiling. It had a nice mattress and was comfortable. I wasn't aware they had trundles on Inspiration.

Why don't you look up the same sailing on a different travel agency website and see if it says the same thing.

there are Adapted cabins with rollaway beds & 2 twins. Ask your TA or PVP to look into them (I have an adapted-OV on Empress for my Jan cruise) they are very comfortable, if a bit low.

100_5903.jpg (Inside adapted on Paradise-- similar ship to Inspiration)

This pic is showing a 'trundle'. A rollaway has legs and is regular bed height.

Much easier if your parents are willing to sleep apart.

Are you able to get into an upper bunk? We just sailed in U182 on the Inspiration and it had 2 lowers and 2 bunk beds. There was also a trundle bed hidden under our bed, but I really didn't take it out, I just know it was shoved out one morning, compliments of my granddaughter I'm sure and I tripped on it.

Good luck, I had a wonderful time on the Inspiration!

WOW thanks for the picture. It doesn't look "too" bad. I could deal with that for 5 days. But yeah I can still manage to get up to the upper. Contacted a TA today who found me a Oceanview with the Upper bunk for actually $200 less (total for the 3 of us) than I could get on Carnival direct on the 11/14 sailing. So this cruise is back on the top of the list.

Again THANKS!

WOW thanks for the picture. It doesn't look "too" bad. I could deal with that for 5 days. But yeah I can still manage to get up to the upper. Contacted a TA today who found me a Oceanview with the Upper bunk for actually $200 less (total for the 3 of us) than I could get on Carnival direct on the 11/14 sailing. So this cruise is back on the top of the list.

Again THANKS!

Know this is off subject but if you're looking for a fairly inexpensive cruise out of your home state of Florida, check out the Carnival Legend out of Tampa for the week of November 13, 2011. Amazing Florida and past guest rates right now for that sailing. The best part is you'd have 7days instead of 5days for the same price. Legend is a sweet trip. Inspiration isn't to bad either. :-)

Know this is off subject but if you're looking for a fairly inexpensive cruise out of your home state of Florida, check out the Carnival Legend out of Tampa for the week of November 13, 2011. Amazing Florida and past guest rates right now for that sailing. The best part is you'd have 7days instead of 5days for the same price. Legend is a sweet trip. Inspiration isn't to bad either. :-)

We are looking at that cruise too.. We sailed on the Legend Nov 14th last year. I'm all for doing it again. Why take 5 days vacation for a 5 day cruise when you can take 5 days vacation for 7 day cruise! Last year we did balcony so "trundle bed" wasn't an issue. But this year if we do Legend it has to be inside.. Sooo that picture might tip the scales to 7 day legend. I can handle that bed even for 7 days (if it gets put away each day!)

Sister wants to go now. So as difficult as it was deciding with the three of us, now we got 5 people to please. I WILL TAKE ANYTHING!

We are looking at that cruise too.. We sailed on the Legend Nov 14th last year. I'm all for doing it again. Why take 5 days vacation for a 5 day cruise when you can take 5 days vacation for 7 day cruise! Last year we did balcony so "trundle bed" wasn't an issue. But this year if we do Legend it has to be inside.. Sooo that picture might tip the scales to 7 day legend. I can handle that bed even for 7 days (if it gets put away each day!)

Sister wants to go now. So as difficult as it was deciding with the three of us, now we got 5 people to please. I WILL TAKE ANYTHING!

They still have quite a few "obstructed" view rooms for inside prices, and when I was looking at them, there is one or two left that have a view between the life boats. With that the rooms have french doors too. So you can get a "half" balcony. At least be able to see out if you can get one of the rooms between the life boats and you get to open the doors for the breeze when cruising at night.

For those prices you could get two rooms. Check out room 4131 at the moment its still available, it's one of the obstructed views I had mentioned in my previous post.

Here's a review I found of someone who was in that room. One of the rooms we got is with room 4132, I'll see if I can post a picture I found of that room.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-40055.html

They still have quite a few "obstructed" view rooms for inside prices, and when I was looking at them, there is one or two left that have a view between the life boats. With that the rooms have french doors too. So you can get a "half" balcony. At least be able to see out if you can get one of the rooms between the life boats and you get to open the doors for the breeze when cruising at night.

That is a good point.. I was only looking at the Senior Rate which is GTY. If I don't pick the senior rate I see lots of options. But the Senior Rate is about $40 pp cheaper. Interesting...

That is a good point.. I was only looking at the Senior Rate which is GTY. If I don't pick the senior rate I see lots of options. But the Senior Rate is about $40 pp cheaper. Interesting...

for November 13 Legend:

There is also the option to select your room under senior rate. After you select "senior rate" and click on "continue", look for the blue box that says "Want to select your room? Return to the previous step" Click on that and you get to select location of inside cabin. It's a more than the guarantee but still a pretty good rate. (I found a senior rate like this on our November 27 Legend cruise that was $100 less than my ES rate.) 4K's to pick from

Now I've got it figured out. For these cabins past guest rate is better than Senior. Just a few dollars. Now I just have to wait and see what the TA can do.

Thanks for all your help. I'm thinking the Legend might be the winner!

Doubtful TA will get you better rates. Good luck and if you make this sailing, be sure to join our roll call. Let me know how it all works out. :)

Archived