Credit/Debit Card Registered

lillulu

I have a question, and not sure if anyone can answer it. I am a little confused about the document that HAL wants me to sign for charges while onboard. The part that I have typed in bold is the part I am confused about. The document reads as followed:

I hearby grant permission to Holland America Line (herinafter HAL) to settle my onboard account, and the onboard accounts for guests booked in the staterooms listed above, using the credit/debit card (s) I have presented. I understand HAL may seek multiple authorizations on my credit/debit card (s) for the amount of the charges made onboard plus USD $60.00 per person per day for each remaining day (s) of my cruise for all staterooms (and guests booked therein) listed above. I further acknowledge that the authorization (s) to the credit/ debit card (s) I have presented to HAL will create a "hold" on such card account (s) for such amounts so authorized, to enable HAL to settle the onboard charges. I hereby agree to pay. In the even that suffcient credit or fund account balance is not available on subsequent credit/debit card (s) that I may present to HAL at a later time during the cruise, or the authorization of such card (s) is (are) rejected, I hereby grant HAL permission to charge any credit/debit card (s) that I have previously submitted for payment. I understand that the onboard purchases I hereby agree to pay will be charged (settled) to my credit/debit card (s).

Are they saying, on top of what I might charge for the day, I am also going to be charged $60.00 a day per person? For what? What am I paying for @ $60.00 a day per person? Does anyone happen to know about this? Do you happen to read it the same way I do? You have two people in your room. You are being charged $120.00 a day for what? Please forgive me for being so ignorant about this. But I've never cruised on HAL, and I've never seen this on my other 3 cruises with another line. :confused:

Thanks for your help and time in answering.

Lulu

It only means that a "hold" will be put on your credit or debit card in that amount. Almost all cruise lines have a similar hold. If the grand total of all your charges only comes to $100.00, that's all that will be charged to your account....

Auto rental companies also place holds on your credit/debit cards for the estimated charges....

Happy cruising....

Be sure to call your credit card company before you leave to let them know these charges/holds are yours and the countries and dates expected! I called, just to be safe and was told by the cc company this was the thing to do because if you use the card out of country, they need to know you are there and the dates for security! Never know if your numbers may be used repeatedly in St. Thomas or elsewhere if you pull it out once!:eek: I know the cc company would be liable, but who needs the headache?

Archived