Pacific Star December 28th 2005

White Mouse

• 1 month later...

Hi, Neicy & Ron nice to hear from you,I was just lurking back here,as I have been checking out Royal Caribbean for my next trip hopefully next year if I save hard :p. Haven't heard from Whoey for a while? Did you check out my pics from Sun. I have had a lot of hits,I wish I had taken more of inside the ship,can't believe I didn't notice at the time :mad: All the best !

I forgot to say, has anyone else had trouble with vertigo (swaying) when they got back, I am still having trouble. Went to docs and had Stemetil tablets.Probably have a catscan next week if not cleared up by then. Whitemouse I think clothing etc will be the same for Sun as Star,don't be too stressed out about it as P&O are pretty casual.I hope you get some replies from your fellow pax,as it gives you a real buzz to chat before the trip. IMO planning is half the fun as the trip!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

White Mouse

Picked up the new P&O brochure yesterday.

It has a deck plan and all the features for Pacific Star.

It looks like it is run the same as Pacific Sun & Sky, so Im sure you will have a great time.

Just had a look at the New Years Eve Cruise and wish I was going. I wanted to go to Fiji, but the Sun is the only ship that suites a family of 5 and the Sun only goes to Fiji twice a year:(

Regards

Kazza

• 1 month later...

Aussiedisneyfan

smile.gif I hope I'll have heaps of Good things to talk about when I get back,

At the moment P.O. are not giving us much info about the Pacific Star,

eg. is there a laundry on board? & how big is the storage in you cabin for your suitcase?confused.gif

White Mouse, you're right there is not much info about. I have a friend who got a brochure from QLD that I cant get in Canberra.

I didn't even think about a laundry. I have sailed on the Sky and it had a couple that were very crowded. The deck plans don't show any sign of one.

The sky had enough room for a couple of suitcases in the cupboards and I am assuming this will bea similar thing.

• 5 weeks later...

Whitemouse, we are going on Pacific Star in March, so unfortunately don't know the answers to your questions??

Looking at the photos on the the P&O website though, the cabins look to be more spacious than on Pacific Sky (we found it a bit cramped for 4) - but more similar to Pacific Sun.

We are looking forward to exploring the new ship - we will have then sailed on all 3 P&O Celestial Bodies as we've been calling them (Sun, Sky & Star) and it will be interesting to compare all 3.

So far I much prefer Sky to Sun in all except cabin size and quality.

• 1 month later...

Hi White Mouse,

We are going on R603 which is the one after you so please look after the ship!! According to the P&O Funside newsletter I have just received the $15 million refurbishment of the Star includes "increased laundering facilities with two new and spacious laundrettes for self service washing and ironing". I'm hoping it is better than the Sun (we have just returned) which only had one laundry with 4 machines and one was out of order. That was OK for an 8 night cruise but I don't have enough clothes for an 11 night cruise and it may get a little smelly!!

They are also replacing the carpet & upholstery throughout the ship, restaurants, passageways and foyers including the cabins which will also have new bedding. I think the reason that P&O can't give too much information about the Star is because it is all still being worked out. I believe that Shona Ballantyne & Demo will the cruise director & deputy and they are currently on leave before preparing the Star's entertainment program.

The staff for the Star are currently being trained on the Sun & Sky. I think it should be great and am really looking forward to being only the third group to travel on the Star!!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Chaz,

I hope you are right about Shona & Demo, they are good fun. They've been the director & deputy on both of the cruises I've done, and they do a really good job!

Kym

Hi White Mouse,

We are going on R603 which is the one after you so please look after the ship!! According to the P&O Funside newsletter I have just received the $15 million refurbishment of the Star includes "increased laundering facilities with two new and spacious laundrettes for self service washing and ironing". I'm hoping it is better than the Sun (we have just returned) which only had one laundry with 4 machines and one was out of order. That was OK for an 8 night cruise but I don't have enough clothes for an 11 night cruise and it may get a little smelly!!

They are also replacing the carpet & upholstery throughout the ship, restaurants, passageways and foyers including the cabins which will also have new bedding. I think the reason that P&O can't give too much information about the Star is because it is all still being worked out. I believe that Shona Ballantyne & Demo will the cruise director & deputy and they are currently on leave before preparing the Star's entertainment program.

The staff for the Star are currently being trained on the Sun & Sky. I think it should be great and am really looking forward to being only the third group to travel on the Star!!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Archived