LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

Great report, we're enjoying your entire cruise while making plans for ours in March on Oasis in the western carribean. When you had your fruit plate in the MDR, did you request that the nite before with your server or was there some other way you did it. We have never heard of anyone doing this, but it is something we would enjoy also. Enjoy the rest of your cruise and keep the pictures coming.

My thoughts on Falmouth...

Clearly the port is still under construction but it is just a clear that more and better things are on the way.

I am guessing that the clear flat area in the background is where the spoil was dumped when they dredged the port area for Oasis & Allure. Judith and I both feel that this will be still more expansion of the port.

DSCN3556.jpg

Many buildings have been completely restored and many more are in the process of being restored.

DSCN3585.jpg

DSCN3578.jpg

DSCN3608.jpg

DSCN3584.jpg

All of the traditional stores you expect to find an a Caribbean Port were there.

Still to come are the Eateries & Bars (No Senior Frogs)

Inside the Terminal Area lots was going on and they had a bunch of benches (unfortunately in the sun) for the Old Folks to rest on.

DSCN3606.jpg

DSCN3604.jpg

DSCN3603.jpg

DSCN3601.jpg

We found the Pirate Ship. It is the "Captain Hook" www.capitanhook.com

There are actually two ships, a big one for the passengers and a smaller on to attack it during a mock sea battle. I was impressed with the ship and the crew and when we come back we are going to take the lunch tour.

DSCN3610.jpg

DSCN3612.jpg

DSCN3613.jpg

DSCN3615.jpg

DSCN3616.jpg

DSCN3617.jpg

DSCN3607.jpg

DSCN3620.jpg

We got Judith a Hat, and tee shirts, and matching Island Shirts, and Refrigerator Magnets, and shopping bags.

I love these photos of Judith and hope that's the hat (with dreadlocks!) chosen for her to take home!! :p

After Dinner we went back to our cabin and relaxed awhile and then headed for the Opal Theater and This Week's Headliner Show

ABBACADABRA

They were Fantastic!

They do an exact copy of the original ABBA which was one of my favorite groups from the old days.

They announced in advance no recording of any kind but they didn't say "No Photos" so here are a few that will give you the "flavor" of the event. They were taken from the rear of the balcony and are not too great.

DSCN3660.jpg

DSCN3655.jpg

DSCN3653.jpg

DSCN3652.jpg

It's past my bed time folks and it has been a long day so I will close tonight with these two photos of Judith.

She really likes these "birds" and I think if she could, she would pry them up off the floor and smuggle them off the ship.

DSCN3531.jpg

DSCN3532.jpg

Tomorrow will be sea day so I will try to get caught up on my postings.

She really likes these "birds" and I think if she could, she would pry them up off the floor and smuggle them off the ship.

Trainman, I know an artist (wood carver/furniture) in the Destin, FL area that could possibly make a copy for you... He made us four works of art in adirondack chairs: a turtle, parrots, fish and a sea serpent. Take some close-ups while on board if you might be interested. :) Enjoy your day at sea!

Thanks for the time and effort on your live review!! I was surprised you go to WJ buffet almost everyday for breakfast and lunch. It seems most people in their reviews complained about how crowded it is all the time and ended up going to other places to eat. How is your experience at WJ?

DSCN3620.jpg

We got Judith a Hat, and tee shirts, and matching Island Shirts, and Refrigerator Magnets, and shopping bags.

This is fantastic, and perfect timing. Today was "crazy hat day" at my DD's school. Guess what she wore?...

b80fee4b-7583-72b1.jpg

Keep up the great posts, Trainman! ;)

Looks like you had a nice day in Falmouth, LOVED the pictures! I am so enjoying this cruise and it is making me even more excited for my FOS cruise in December. I cannot wait to try some of the new menu items. Lasagna is one of my favorites as well as Banana Cream Pie.

Thank you for all the time & cost and work you put into your 'LIVE' reports..and also for sharing you and Judith's vacation with the rest of us.

Day 5 - Wednesday - At Sea

Good Morning Everyone,

I overslept again this morning and my plans for a long photographic "Walk-About" around the Promenade and Pool Deck were thwarted.

Here we are, somewhere in the Caribbean.

DSCN3667.jpg

DSCN3665.jpg

It was raining when I first went out onto our balcony but it cleared up quickly.

DSCN3662.jpg

DSCN3664.jpg

Thanks for the pics at dinner last night:)

Also if you have been to the Aqua Theater, did you notice if there were a section saved for Diamond Plus Crown and Anchors Members or was it a free for all once they open the seating area?

Jimbo:)

That's because your body sense the rain that was on the pool deck, and knew tomorrow would be a better day. Relax and enjoy your cruise.

Day 5 - Wednesday - At Sea

Good Morning Everyone,

I overslept again this morning and my plans for a long photographic "Walk-About" around the Promenade and Pool Deck were thwarted.

Here we are, somewhere in the Caribbean.

DSCN3667.jpg

DSCN3665.jpg

It was raining when I first went out onto our balcony but it cleared up quickly.

DSCN3662.jpg

DSCN3664.jpg

Archived