Celebrity Eclipse TA, April 21, 2012 MERGED

Turtles06

My partner and I are booked on this crossing (Miami to Southampton). While it's by no means our first cruise, it will be our first on Celebrity, our first TA, and our first with Pied Piper. (A trifecta of firsts! :))

There's an active Roll Call for this sailing over on the Celebrity Roll Call board, but I thought I'd get one going here too. Anyone else on board?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Billy and Matt -- welcome aboard!

I see you'll have a pretty easy trip to our embarkation port. :)

There is, as I noted in my first post, a very active Roll Call on the "main" Celebrity board, if you're inclined to join that sort of thing.

We look forward to meeting you in April!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We'll be on the Eclipse TA in April (Miami to Southampton). Booked through Pied Piper... so plenty of folks to eat with! :)

It will be our first TA, and our first Celebrity cruise, so we're really looking forward to it. Glad to hear you had such great experiences on the Equinox and Silhouette!

Jonathan -- Happy New Year to you as well!

I see you have found our Roll Call on the Celebrity board, as well as some prior shipmates; what a small world!

Whichever TA you decide on, have a great time! If it's ours, we'll look forward to meeting you.

(As I mentioned on the Roll Call in reply to your post about where you live, we'll be staying at the Hilton Tower Bridge after the cruise for several nights. All dining and other neighborhood suggestions and tips are much appreciated! I've been to London many times, but not in decades!)

Hi, my husband and I will be on board. This is our second transatlantic, but our first with Celebrity. We are really looking forward to it. Has anyone done the Paris tour, I'm wondering about travel time and whether we would be smart to just take the train in for the day? Any suggestions are welcomed!

Hi Skyeleigh and Pinkie8571, welcome!

Are either of you booked thru Pied Piper?

Also, as I mentioned earlier on, there's a very active Roll Call on the Celeb board. If you are looking for folks to join tours or get more info, that's another option. (Some of the folks on the Roll Call have been to these ports before and are real Celeb vets.)

Roz, we're already committed to a Normandy tour, and really looking forward to it. I trust you'll find four more people. There always seem to be folks on the Roll Call interested in Normandy.

I can't believe we just have a few more months to go now...

What are folks doing post-cruise? We'll be staying in London for several days...

PS: I guess I never mentioned above that my partner and I are a female couple

Hi Turtles06. We are thinking about adding another four days in England to the end of the crusie, thinking about renting a car at the port and spending 2 days in Windsor and then 2 days in London. What are you thinking?

Six of us from the "main" Roll Call have hooked up and gotten private transportation from Southampton to London on the day of arrival; we'll be stopping at Salisbury and Stonehenge along the way. Then my partner and I are going to spend the weekend in London. There is so much to see and do in and around the city (Windsor sounds great too) that you really can't go wrong.

I don't know where you are from, but if it's the U.S. or Canada, very ambitious of you to drive on the other side; I hope you are good with a stick shift or aware that you really need to specify in advance that you need an automatic, as they are rare in the UK. :)

Also, for anyone who doesn't yet know this, Monday, May 7 is a national "Bank Holiday" in the UK, so if you are planning to spend any post-cruise time in the UK and haven't yet booked your hotel(s), etc., I think it would be a good idea to do it promptly.

Hi Jonathan,

We were on the Eclipse transatlantic last spring and it was great! We really liked the sea days and met lots of fun people. This year, we've booked the Constellation transatlantic for May 5 - its 15 days and the ship has been "solsticized" and looks good from the photos.

Good luck picking your cruise!

Peter and Eric from Toronto

It's nice to see more activity on this board! =)

Is anyone planning on meeting up before the cruise? We will be in Miami the night before. Last year, when we did the Equinox Transatlantic, we met up with 20 others from the board. The Friends of Dorothy meeting every night at the Martini bar had at least 30 to 50 people. I couldn't believe it! LOL

If anyone is interested in booking private tours, my husband and I are definitely interested. We don't check this board very often, but, you can either e-mail me at bill@thefloridaexpressbus.com or you can Facebook Me - http://facebook.com/​bhennessey

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the thread did drop off the screen again! :)

Three months from yesterday and we're off!

BTW, in case folks haven't seen this, Celebrity is having a 10% sale thru Jan. 30 on beverage packages for all cruises this year. Whether these are "worth it" if you do the math is the subject of considerable discussion on the Celebrity board.... But if you were planning on getting one, this would be a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

My bf and I will be on this crossing, only our second Eclipse cruise which we're looking forward to very much. We're flying from the UK to Miami a couple of days before to spend some time relaxing and hopefully help with the jet lag!

Looks like the FoD meetings could be busy :)

Matt (and Mark)

Hi JonAlone, Howard from Ft. Lauderdale. Remember me? We were 3 on the Equinox last year. I'm sorry I won't be on board with you this year, I've booked the Constellation for May 5th. I liked the Equinox, but I like the Millenium class a little better as it holds about half of the Solstice class. I want to wish you a very happy New Year and I hope you have a fabulous time on this years Transatlantic.

Howard

Archived