A First-Timer Regent Review (aka Mimito4 has fallen hard for Regent)

mimito4

We just returned from the Sept 3rd Barcelona to Rome cruise aboard the Mariner and enjoyed it a great deal. We would definitely sail Regent again. We have done two Seabourn cruises and I would compare as follows:

Cabin size and amenities (furnishings, bed linens, towels etc). A draw. Standard size cabins on both are very similiar. A slight edge to Regent because of the walk in closet

Staff is a draw. Excellent service overall on both lines

Food is a win for Seabourn. We ate twice in the Compass Rose and found it to be a big disappointment. Service was very, very slow. It should not take 2.5 hours for dinner which it did both nights we ate there. On a ship like Mariner I should not have had to ask my waiter 4 times for some sweetener for my ice tea. The food in Compass Road was good but certainly not the level of the Seabourn main dining room. We ate in Signatures three times, Prime 7 twice and two nights on the Verandah deck where I thought the service was vastly superior to Compass Rose.

We were two of the fortunate people travelling on this cruise who got to meet Teresa & Don and spend some time with them (as well as many glasses of wine). Teresa's personality comes out in her writing...both are incredible. We enjoyed meeting them, as well as reading her comments, and hope to see them again on a Regent cruise. Having only cruised Regent (this was our eighth one...why fix it if it ain't broken), we certainly cannot compare. But we love the line and glad to here that "newbies" do as well. Keep up the good work, Teresa! Linda & Larry in NJ

*waving all excited-like to Larry & Linda* !!!

And gosh, I feel like I should use by almost-forgotten southern accent here, ya'll are enough to give anyone the BIG head.

Please do go on. :o

Seriously, thanks so much for all the wonderful compliments. Does my heart and head good.

Who dey indeed? Go Bengals. :p

Wouldn't you know that on my very first official review, I placed it in the wrong place. Well, I did, or CC did. Not sure. Regardless of where the fault lies, my love review of Regent ended up in Royal Caribbean's section as Navigator of the Seas!

No, no, no! :eek: :eek: I e-mailed, asking their help in relocating it to the proper Navigator section.

Archived