Island Princess - Sold Out?

tbenson81

Can someone tell me how fast they think the Island princess to hawaii on October 8th will sell out completely. I would like to do more research but many people are saying that their december cruise is already booked. Is there a way to find out how much space is left?

PS - Why can you not book online at princess.com? That is pretty annoying

Why don't you make a reservation and just put down a deposit? It's fully refundable at this point (if you're working with a TA that requires payment in full, find another one). Then you can keep doing your reseach. There is no way to tell how quickly a cruise will sell out. The ship could be wide open, then a large group take the remaining cabins.

I agree it's annoying not to be able to price & book cruises on the Princess website. There are plenty of other options, though.

You can call Princess and find out about availability, and make a direct booking if you wish. You can always cancel, or transfer the booking to an agent if (and when) you find a lower price.

It is really difficult to know how many cabins are actually booked because some agencies will have blocks assigned to group space, etc. Those cabins might not be sold, but are "on hold". If the December cruise is over the holidays, it is not unexpected that it might be sold out early.

Can someone tell me how fast they think the Island princess to hawaii on October 8th will sell out completely. I would like to do more research but many people are saying that their december cruise is already booked. Is there a way to find out how much space is left?

If the December cruise is a holiday sailing, that will always sell out fast. Lots of families jump on the holiday sailings because the kids are off from school. October should sell a bit slower, but you should really get a reservation in if you are seriously interested. Book it, and then just keep close tabs on the cancellation date in case you want to change your mind.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I just checked availability for the 10/08/05 Island for double's and all the suites are gone only mini's,reg balconies, outsides, and insides avail. I would think that within the next few weeks it will be selling fairly well. I would not wait too long.

Archived