New Menus on Carnival ships

woodman

I have just returned form a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Dream. We have always looked forward to eating in the dinning room and have enjoyed the food on all the Carnival ships we have been on. The menu has been changed on the Dream. Was this change on all Carnival ships? The quality of the food was so bad I liken it to eating at Ryan's Steak House. The buffets seem to be the same but I hate using them as your meal is always cold by the time you get it to the table. Plus we like the service. There also seems to be fewer wait staff in the dinning room as well as room stewards for the rooms. We have enjoyed cruising Carnival for years and have always enjoyed them. Is it only me or are there others that think Jerry Cahill is nickle and dimeing the fun out of the fun ships?

I was on the Dream about three weeks ago. I didn't find the food bad at all, actually found it quite good. I thought the new menu was a welcome change. It's been done fleetwide. However it did seem as if the staff was stretched a bit thin. I just think Carnival is better suited for mid-sized ships. The huge ships just aren't it's forte, in my opininon.

Was on the Splendor in August. It was their 3rd week of the new menu and I hated it. Food was nor great and there were 2 night I didnt care for anything. MY ds ate freaking "gourmet" hamburgers every night! He used to would eat the ribs, cenetr cut pork chops ect. The wait on the one night they had ribs (elegant:eek:) was over an hour (YTD) he gave up and ate in the buffet. It was not a good experience..

The buffet food on the Legend last week wasn't hot. Butter wouldn't melt in the grits. Bacon was so greasy and not crisp.

Dinning room for dinner was good but still had some issues with it not being hot at times. The oysters I was looking forward to were not that good. They served 2 large oysters with spinach but the cheese they said was on them wasn't.

I waited 40 min. for breakfast in the MDR one morning. The waiter had 17 tables. I finally left. French toast another day served cold. Very disappointing.

Cahill is ruining the line. No service books in the cabins. The room service menu was in the frist days Fun Times on a sheet of paper. I was at the purser's desk for something else and mentioned it to the guy and said "Thanks Cahill." He laughed and said "Yeah."

Archived