Oct. travel dates Q's

moonmom

Hello...i'm looking for opinions from all of you well seasoned cruisers ... please? I am deciding between 2 sail dates...10/4 or 10/12....

i have been made aware of the risks due to late hurricanes...my Q is this:

Do you think the fact that there are 3 days off from school during the 1st week affects crowds? (rosh hashana, yom kippur & columbus day) Probably NOT as bad as summer or spring break i would think?

The first week fits into my schedule a LITTLE better....but i GUESS i can wait til the 12th if it would be considerably better....

The fares are the same....and my desired cabin is available on both....

what do you think? I will NOT sleep until my decision is made!:p

Not everywhere in the country has Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur off, if that affects your thinking at all. I know our school district only has Columbus Day off. If the first week works better for your schedule, I say go for it.

I have friends that live in Florida and their kids and many schools have that 1st week off .They went on a cruise last year at that time (carnival) and it was overun with unruly school age kids. I would try to find out if Fla. schools are off or to be safe I would go on the 12th.

hmmmm...maybe i should've mentioned that i'd be cruising from NY...the school districts around me appear to have off for those holidays....i guess its anyone's guess as to what that means:confused:

Thanks for your help:o

Archived