One board credit for latitudes

bermuda lover

Hi everyone,

I am throwing this out there, I think I know the answe, but someone may have experience with this. I am a vetern with NCL.

My kids have always traveled with us since they were little guys. this yr my oldest is 18, he stayed in the same room and he was on my account (I paid the bill). He gets a card in the mail with congrats, you are now silver and here is OBC that must be used within 6 months. Now, here is the question....

Does anyone know if this is transferrable. My son leaves for the CG next Monday and he will not be using this in the near future; however, I am leaving on my second cruise in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any thoughts into this.

My gut is saying that NCL will say no because he must be traveling with us, but I am hoping that there might be some language in there... any help woulod be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Lisa

Is that something new?? We didn't get anything when we became silver.

Neither did I. I guess they need to jump in the game with better benefits for being a repeat passenger because they really give out nothing (until you've taken a lot of cruises) compared to the other cruise lines.

Is that something new?? We didn't get anything when we became silver.

It is a relatively new perk for the Latitudes program.

I received a picture frame when we turned Platinum a number of years ago and I don't believe they do that any more. I don't even think the other levels existed when we were cruising back then.

Neither did I. I guess they need to jump in the game with better benefits for being a repeat passenger because they really give out nothing (until you've taken a lot of cruises) compared to the other cruise lines.

I believe most all of the loyalty programs are lacking in benefits until you reach the upper tiers of their programs.

when my wife became "bronze" i (not NCL) noticed that she was entitled to a $100.00 OBC. we already had a cruise booked with a ta but nothing was mentioned from NCL about this OBC. i asked the ta about it, she checked into it and "voila" we had an additional $100.00 added to our OBC. i believe that a lot of stuff we are all entitled to only comes if you are pro active and ask about. just my personal opinion! :))

Hi everyone,

I am throwing this out there, I think I know the answe, but someone may have experience with this. I am a vetern with NCL.

My kids have always traveled with us since they were little guys. this yr my oldest is 18, he stayed in the same room and he was on my account (I paid the bill). He gets a card in the mail with congrats, you are now silver and here is OBC that must be used within 6 months. Now, here is the question....

Does anyone know if this is transferrable. My son leaves for the CG next Monday and he will not be using this in the near future; however, I am leaving on my second cruise in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any thoughts into this.

My gut is saying that NCL will say no because he must be traveling with us, but I am hoping that there might be some language in there... any help woulod be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Lisa

The only way the Lat OBC can be used is with your son as the primary cruiser on the booking. However, although the cruise the OBC is used on must be booked within 6 months of the cruise that earned him the move up to Silver, that cruise can be for any cruise that is currently offered at the time he books. We used my DH's OBC that had to be booked by this June, for our cruise in December of 2012. (Over 1.5 ys from the time of booking.)

Sorry, it his gift, from NCL, for becoming a Silver Latitudes member. It is not transferable.

You might want to contact NCL and see if they could possibly extend the usage deadline because of his service commitment. :(

Thanks for responding.... I will give that a try... one never knows

Lisa

I think NCL randomly sends them because I never got one either, but my son who is 18 and has never had a room by himself or paid a dime, got a "present."

go figure..

Lisa

when my wife became "bronze" i (not NCL) noticed that she was entitled to a $100.00 OBC. we already had a cruise booked with a ta but nothing was mentioned from NCL about this OBC. i asked the ta about it, she checked into it and "voila" we had an additional $100.00 added to our OBC. i believe that a lot of stuff we are all entitled to only comes if you are pro active and ask about. just my personal opinion! :))

Hi, I have to agree. Everytime I purchase a cruise, I ask the TA to check all perks, discounts, OBC, ect.... I think you have to ask and remind them.

Lisa

the Latitude perks when you go up a tier can take a couple months after you have sailed to get to you....they are inconsistent that way.

i just called and asked if i could use the Latitude credit (going from one tier to the other) and they checked and applied it and a month later i got the "Gold" pkg in the mail....

fyi after you go up a tier in order to get your Latitude OBC you need to book a new cruise within 6 months.

Hello Bermuda Lover, you may want to call NCL & explain the situation to them. I had asked on my last trip about all of my (11 1/2 year old) sons cruise credits that he has taken with me. They told me that they are banked & when he reaches 21 he will get his status automaticly, for where ever he is at before so. Being that he always sails w/ me, and I am a Plat. Lat. Member, he will be automaticly be a plat member when he is 21. So I might think NCL could have done a foo pa. You just may gey the credit for yourself if you haven't received one already. Good Luck to you both.

Hello Bermuda Lover, you may want to call NCL & explain the situation to them. I had asked on my last trip about all of my (11 1/2 year old) sons cruise credits that he has taken with me. They told me that they are banked & when he reaches 21 he will get his status automaticly, for where ever he is at before so. Being that he always sails w/ me, and I am a Plat. Lat. Member, he will be automaticly be a plat member when he is 21. So I might think NCL could have done a foo pa. You just may gey the credit for yourself if you haven't received one already. Good Luck to you both.

Thanks for the idea....

Lisa

Hi everyone,

thanks

Lisa

Is your Son training here in Cape May? I see the recruits on weekends when they get some free time, shopping at all of the local stores. Good Luck to him.:)

Is your Son training here in Cape May? I see the recruits on weekends when they get some free time, shopping at all of the local stores. Good Luck to him.:)

Yes it is Cape May and he is leaving on Tuesday. I am getting sad, but I am trying to stay strong... thanks for the wishes.

Lisa

It is a relatively new perk for the Latitudes program.

I received a picture frame when we turned Platinum a number of years ago and I don't believe they do that any more. I don't even think the other levels existed when we were cruising back then.

About 6 months ago I became Platinum. I received a leather passport holder. It's very nice.

Archived