Which Hotel In Seattle

marc62

We have booked an alaskan cruise out of Seattle, we will be flying out from UK and spending the first night in a hotel arranged by Celebrity. We think they use Marriott but there are a few in the area. Anyone have any idea which hotel is used please

Marc

We just booked the Marriott Waterfront

$219 per night

It's right across the street from the pier where most ships dock

Lots to do downtown

I stayed at The Marriott Waterfront when I sailed Infinity to Alaska in July... As noted, couldn't be closer to Pier 66; I easily walked across the street to check-in, with two pieces of luggage, in less than five minutes...

As an added bonus, there is a municipal elevator adjacent to the hotel--alleviating the need to walk the steep hills from the waterfront to downtown--that places you within two blocks or so of Pike Place Market...

All in all, a great experience... Without hesitation, I'd stay there again if sailing Celebrity [Pier 66 is apparently shared with Norwegian; other lines seemingly depart from piers that are several miles away/not as well located] from Seattle in the future...

We have booked an alaskan cruise out of Seattle, we will be flying out from UK and spending the first night in a hotel arranged by Celebrity. We think they use Marriott but there are a few in the area. Anyone have any idea which hotel is used please Marc

Guess the "reply" posters don't understand what you are asking. I am not sure what hotel or hotels Celebrity uses in Seattle. Call Celebrity, they should know more and should answer your questions correctly.:D

Hi Marc:

I went onto their website to try and pre-book the cruise, so I could view the pre and post-cruise options, but there weren't any (on the 7-day Alaska cruise on the Infinity).

I live-chatted with someone and she told me that the hotel options were "not available" at this time. My guess is that they have not contracted yet with the hotel properties in Seattle...Hopefully they will do so within the next few months. Your TA won't know anything until Celebrity hotel contracts are finalized (and it will be on their website).

Sounds like you already purchased your pre-cruise option, but if you decide to go another route and do your own hotel stay, I highly recommend the Fairmont Hotel in Seattle. We have stayed in some lovely properties in London (will be staying again at the Grosvenor Marriott in Mayfair) and I would liken the Fairmont Seattle to a runner up of the Grosvenor - but somewhat less expensive. Service and rooms, dining are all amazing. Taxi drivers abundant to whisk you to the pier (8 or 10 minute drive is all).

From the Fairmont you can walk to Pikes Market, which is really fun...or visit the first and original Starbucks. If you and your other half go to Pikes, many cruisers stop and pick up fresh flowers there to take to their cabin. Amazing and beautiful arrangements - really good cost!

Hi Marc2

We have a fly/cruise booked through Celebrity leaving this week and are booked into Marriott Seattle airport.

It looks very nice, but is quite a journey from the city centre, so i doubt we will get to see much of the city before being taken to the pier the next day.

I hope this helps,

Waggie

Flight upgrade option? No! I would have jumped at this.

The flight is direct -BA are the only airline that does direct London/Seattle.

We leave at 15.05 and it is a journey of 9.35 hours.

I will report back when we return.

Thank you for your good wishes,

Waggie

"...quite a journey from the city centre."

Nope. Only a 30 minute M/L shuttle bus ride. Make a reservation with Seattle Express online when you know which hotel you will be using. Cost is $12 each one way; pay the driver; credit cards accepted. Shuttle will take you directly to Pier 66 or Pier 91, depending on your cruise line.

Here's an email address mattseattleexpress@yahoo.com. Just used them in August for my Dad's cruise. Went off without a hitch. :)

Apparently you can drop off your luggage at the piers if you want to check out Seattle for awhile before checking in.

"...quite a journey from the city centre."

Nope. Only a 30 minute M/L shuttle bus ride. Make a reservation with Seattle Express online when you know which hotel you will be using. Cost is $12 each one way; pay the driver; credit cards accepted. Shuttle will take you directly to Pier 66 or Pier 91, depending on your cruise line.

What I meant was ..the flight arrives just before 5pm. so a trip in to sightsee that day might be too much. Celebrity transports us to the ship on sailday, so you won't need to organise transport.

Thank you for the Express details as that could make an short sightseeing trip viable after all.

Archived