Starting off from Venice

Brendaflamingo

Pre-cruise, we stayed at the Best Western Olympia at P.Roma which we got to with the bus for less than 5$ each from the airport. Half block from bus stop to hotel. We walked to the ship from there as taxis were on strike for part of day. Post-cruise, we took the bus from P.Roma to the Marriott near the airport. After checking in, we got on the bus in front of the Marriott and for $1 rode back to P.Roma and explored Venice again on foot.Marriott had a free shuttle in the am to the airport which took only a few minutes.Both hotels were fine. I do not like having to pay a huge taxi fee before/after cruise if there are alternatives, which there are in Venice.

Can you elaborate on the "left luggage" store...location, security, etc.? We have a mid-afternoon flight from Venice to Paris on the day we disembark the ship; and I'm assuming we'll be off early (if normal), This would be ideal to park the luggage and savor more of Venice rather than sitting around the airport. Thanks

I know you saw the link posted, but since I've personally used it several time, I'll just say that on our last time through Venice we used the luggage office for exactly that same schedule as you quoted ... We disembarked around 7:30am, made our way back to P Roma and checked our bags in the Luggage office, then enjoyed the morning in Venice, and about 1:00pm retreaved our bags and we were off to the airport for our 3:00pm flight to London.

It's sure beats spending 6 or 7 hours waiting in the airport with your bags, plus it gives you an extra few hours in one of the most beautiful places on earth :)

Srpilo

I cannot imagine cruising from Venice and not staying in Venice. There are truly a few things that are worth the effort. Venice is worth the effort. NO WAY would I stay in Mestre. If you are coming in pre cruise there is nothing like staying in Venice. Just secure a water taxi in the morning to the port and enjoy! It would be different if I had been to Venice many times and was arriving late and was boarding the ship the next morning.... but a first time to Venice... stay in Venice. It's really not that difficult.

I know you saw the link posted, but since I've personally used it several time, I'll just say that on our last time through Venice we used the luggage office for exactly that same schedule as you quoted ... We disembarked around 7:30am, made our way back to P Roma and checked our bags in the Luggage office, then enjoyed the morning in Venice, and about 1:00pm retreaved our bags and we were off to the airport for our 3:00pm flight to London.

It's sure beats spending 6 or 7 hours waiting in the airport with your bags, plus it gives you an extra few hours in one of the most beautiful places on earth :)

Srpilo

Thank you for sharing your personal experience! Our flight leaves VCE at 3:10 p.m. Did you take a taxi or bus to the airport?

Archived