Our wonderful family vacation on the Conquest---08/28/11-09/04/11

jasjess7881

Sorry, it has been a while but my son had an awful stomach and my computer crashed!! We are all better and now I can get my review going again!!

Grand Caymans

We docked in the Grand Caymans around 7:30am and we had an

Buccaneer Stingray City Catamaran Snorkeling Tour excursion booked through grand cayman excursions at 10:00am. We had to check in by 9:40. So we all got up early and went to eat breakfast and then got in line for a tender ticket. Thsi is the first time that I ever had to get on a tender for a port and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. We got our tender ticket about 9:00 and we were in the Grand Caymans by 9:30. We checked in and had to pay our remaining balance and we waited for about 20 mins. We then headed to the shuttle bus that would take us to the catameran. There were about 35 people on our excursion and it was a perfect amount of people. We never felt crowded or anything. They provided us with fins, snorkels and masks to the snorkeling part of the excursion. The excursion was 4 hours long and included 2 snorkeling stops and swimming with the sting rays. They had juice and water for people to drink that was free.

We got to the catameran and headed to our first snorkelong stop and this would be the first time that I have ever snorkeled and I was a little scared. I got in the water and started to snorkel and was completely uncoordinated in the water. I finally took off my fins, and could finally at least snorkel a little bit. I also wear glasses and did not have contacts, so I took off my glasses and put the mask on and just used my underwater camera and just started snapping pictures. My next investment is a prescription snorkel mask.

176.jpg

a tender boat

190.jpg

a family pic on the pier

193.jpg

206.jpg

222.jpg

Look at these gas prices!!!

233.jpg

JJ and Jordyn had a hard time on the catameran with sea sickness. They both fell asleep on the boat and JJ missed the whole excursion and Jordyn got in the water for the sting rays but hated it and got right back on the boat!!

JJ asleep

2029.jpg

Jordyn asleep

2030.jpg

Other sting ray excursions

2033.jpg

Jordyn scared

2050.jpg

Stingray underwater

2074.jpg

Group shot

2114.jpg

After our last snorkeling stop, we headed back in. The captain put down the sail and we just sailed back to the dock. It was really nice to sit back and just relax on the catameran. This was an amazing excursion and I highly recommend this excursion to anyone!!

After we got back to the port area, we shopped around and then headed back to the ship. We were all tired and did not go to the dining room this night. We just ate at the buffet and walked around the ship and enjoyed the evening.

2211.jpg

My in laws and us

2217.jpg

this was an AMAZING smoothie...It was a banana split smoothie!! YUMMMYYYYYYYYY

2224.jpg

We went to bed early again because we had our last port the next day..Cozumel!!

After our last snorkeling stop, we headed back in. The captain put down the sail and we just sailed back to the dock. It was really nice to sit back and just relax on the catameran. This was an amazing excursion and I highly recommend this excursion to anyone!!

After we got back to the port area, we shopped around and then headed back to the ship. We were all tired and did not go to the dining room this night. We just ate at the buffet and walked around the ship and enjoyed the evening.

2211.jpg

My in laws and us

2217.jpg

this was an AMAZING smoothie...It was a banana split smoothie!! YUMMMYYYYYYYYY

2224.jpg

We went to bed early again because we had our last port the next day..Cozumel!!

Love your pictures, thanks for sharing

Cannot wait for our turn....... 21 days

Grand Cayman is on my list of places to go again. I just loved the stingrays. Still waiting for my 7 years good luck. LOL.

You mentioned that your relatives own the restaurant with Carlos Mencia, is that the comedian Carlos Mencia. We love him. So funny.

Grand Cayman is on my list of places to go again. I just loved the stingrays. Still waiting for my 7 years good luck. LOL.

You mentioned that your relatives own the restaurant with Carlos Mencia, is that the comedian Carlos Mencia. We love him. So funny.

Yes the comedian....Jason's uncle is really good friends with him and they decided to open the restaurant.

Great review & pictures! We loved the Conquest, that was mine & DH's 1st ship to cruise on & I took my 2nd cruise on the Ecstasy with my mom. Cool about Maggie Rita's, sometime we plan on trying it as we have never been there. I look forward to the rest of the review & pictures.

I am loving your review; we have so much in common. We will be on the Conquest in Marchand doing the same itenerary. It will be our second cruise also. I have two dd ages 5 & 7 so I am so interested in the excursions that you did.

Love the pictures and your family is so beautiful. I also love how your son can fall asleep anywhere! I just wish mine would do that sometimes! :) But sadly, I just get all the grumpiness.:(

Thanks for posting a Conquest review! I see them so seldom (it feels like) and want to read about the ship as this will be our first time either on Carnival or Conquest (obviously).

Have to say, your kids are absolutely gorgeous!

Archived