Mercury Pacific Northwest 4 day Cruises

MikieF

We're on a six day "Shortie" in Aug/Sept, and they will have at least one formal night, but I'm not clear on the rest. If there's a day at sea (Inside Passage, for instance), there's a good chance that you'll have a formal night, too. On shorter cruises, the trend might be more towards dark suit/tie than tux, but we did a three day last year, and it was about half and half. For your sig. other/ better half, a cocktail dress should be fine no matter what. Be sure to ask your T.A. to find out, as you may also have an informal night (again, sport coat/w or w/out tie for you, dressy pantsuit or dress for her). I would say to call Celebrity directly, but they've given me incorrect info. on a few occasions.

And, most importantly, enjoy the cruise!

Hi Leela...yes, we are booked on the Sept.29 trip. My guess (just that) is maybe one formal night. With only 4 nights and 2 of them taken up by embarkation and debarkation nights, it doesn't leave much.

Have you added your name to the roll call thread? I started one when I booked the cruise...I think one person has joined...it's probably buried on like page 13 by now :)

I wonder if they will have a Cruise Critic party? I tried signing up for it but I keep getting errors from the web site.

Leela,

If you read the CC party info, you'll note that they only provide CC party for cruises of 7 days or longer. I wasn't aware of this, and kept asking why no one was talking about a get-together for our 6-day cruise. When I finally stumbled on this answer, a few others posted that they had heard this before. Oh well.

That said, we're doing our own get-together with the folks from our rollcall. I'm sure more will join yours as it gets closer! Me, I like the months and months of enjoying the anticipation by posting early and often!:D Have fun.

Ahh, I see! It's even written right above where you enter your reservation number, etc. I just never even looked -- I zeroed right in on that form and the "Submit" button. And to think I used to be a web site user interface designer....

Still, it would be better for the web site to just return a message saying "sorry, we don't offer a party for your cruise" rather than spinning its wheels for a few minutes and then giving an "operation timed out" error dialog box or returning the message "sail date is invalid for ship."

Thanks for straightening me out!

Oh, sure, go ahead and point out how I didn't see it either!:D

It's like the tests where the instructor says as the first step to read all instructions before starting, and the last line of the instructions is to turn in the test without completing anything! I guess some of us just won't learn.;)

I just put two cabins on hold for the Sep 29 4 day. Originally booked the Sep 16 3 day and started thinking 3 days is too short. And then I realized it's both my in-laws birthday's right before and after this weekend and they celebrate their 50th anniversary in mid September so decided to book them an all expenses paid 4 day cruise as well. Now the task will be convincing them to join us. Since this is a port intensive cruise, to cities they love, it may not be difficult. I do know my father-in-law might go crazy on a ship with no place to go (and he was in the Navy on submarines years ago) so a repositioning, as many of the shorter cruises are at this time of year, probably wouldn't go over well.

Even if they decide not to join us, my husband and I will be there for sure. We are cruise addicts and we're game for any excuse to be pampered for a few days.

Not to mention we live a mere 15 miles from the port.

WE are on the five night October 3rd sailing out of Seattle. I too was wondering about how Celebrity handles their shorter cruises. Anyone know if they will be serving lobster? On Royal Caribbean, they do not serve lobster on three and four night cruises.

Can I assume these shorter, cold weather cruises a bit less formal? We're still planning on a formal night - I'm taking my cocktail dress and my husband his dark suit. But the rest - are they casual?

Any other input would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All...I made a call To Captains Club, and according to them the 2nd night will be formal, all other nights will be casual. No tux for me this trip, just a suit.

Thanks for the feedback! Now what to do at our ports of call!!

Archived