Opinion on the liberty? Like and Dislike?

CRUISING71

O.K. I must be the only one in the world that is not in love with the Liberty.Not that I thought that it was a bad ship I just enjoy the Spirit class more.The ship did not have the open air feel that I have found on the Spirit class.For instance the Liberty has the retractable roof over the pool all the way at the back which means that it has walls instead of an open air area,For me It is too confining.Which as my DH just said is pretty minor of a thing to not like but I think it has something to do with the first Ship that you go on sets the Bar for all the rest and my first Ship was the Pride back in 2004. So inhonest opinion that is a tough ship to beat.

We Are sailing on her in 60 Days...Haven't been on liberty yet so we are So Excited :) my parents friends just got off the liberty also recently and just loved her as well...We are doing the Western...The Eastern Was not in the time frame we needed...

We Are sailing on her in 60 Days...Haven't been on liberty yet so we are So Excited :) my parents friends just got off the liberty also recently and just loved her as well...We are doing the Western...The Eastern Was not in the time frame we needed...

We are also restricted on time frame..so it is Western for us. Give us a reason to go back and do Eastern and Southern...hehehhehe

I'm not one to notice details about the decor (other than "yes, it's ugly", or "no, I don't mind it"). The Liberty falls under the "no, I don't mind it". More importantly, in my opinion, it's been kept up well and not showing any signs of wear and tear like some of the other ships I've been on (this was in January). I'm not sure there are any "must do's", I enjoyed the alternative lido offerings (the Wok and the Burrito Bar). Big screen was fun, we were watching the NFL playoffs.

Would I sail her again? Yes. Would I recommend her to anyone else? Yes. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Crimsomqueen, thanks for the "invite" next year,:) but at this point I don't know if we will be sailing the end of March or the 1st of April. Here in KC, we try to MAKE SURE all the ice/snow is gone before we fly out, as we have been stranded before in the first few months of the new year at the airport.:(

It is good to read that Half Moon Cay is on the itinerary for next year.

I just read about the burrito bar. That sounds great. That must be something new, as I have sailed Carnival ships at least 6 (Liberty 2008) or more times, and there was nothing like that on the ship when I sailed.

The last couple times I have sailed Princess, but I have always liked Carnival for their "room size.":)

Not that I have to have it, but are they still doing the towel animals? I'm still a kid at heart.:)

Crimsomqueen, thanks for the "invite" next year,:) but at this point I don't know if we will be sailing the end of March or the 1st of April. Here in KC, we try to MAKE SURE all the ice/snow is gone before we fly out, as we have been stranded before in the first few months of the new year at the airport.:(

It is good to read that Half Moon Cay is on the itinerary for next year.

I just read about the burrito bar. That sounds great. That must be something new, as I have sailed Carnival ships at least 6 (Liberty 2008) or more times, and there was nothing like that on the ship when I sailed.

The last couple times I have sailed Princess, but I have always liked Carnival for their "room size.":)

Not that I have to have it, but are they still doing the towel animals? I'm still a kid at heart.:)

Yes, towel animals are still a nightly feature. :D

I just left it Saturday also, and loved the ship. No chair hogs, or long lines at all. I was fortunately facing the port, with my Balcony facing St. Thomas. What a beautiful site to wake up to. Just amazing.

I would not hesitate to take it again.

Melanie

We are thinking of booking the Liberty for April 2012. Share your thoughts with me? What do you like and dislike about the Liberty?

What are the must do on the Liberty?

Thanks.

Tibby

LOVE the Liberty!!!! Liked everything about our cruise on-board her last December. Don't miss the Mongolian wok, the Fish & Chips, and the secret deck all the forward off of deck 7 (at least I think it was deck 7 lol). Also loved the sushi in the evenings before dinner and the Tiramisu drink at the Paparazzi bar after dinner :D It is a beautiful ship IMO and I would sail her again in a hot minute. I can only imagine how much more awesome she will be after all the big changes coming when she goes for dry-dock!

Go and have an awesome time!!!! Oh and don't miss the steakhouse either!:D

Thanks for letting me know they still do the "towel" animals. I think they are so cute.:)

We haven't booked the cruise yet, as i'm trying:confused: to decide which friend to take along. I'm about 95% sure it will be the Liberty.:)

I also called Carnival and they told me to get the Half Moon Cay on the Eastern itinerary, you must ask for "exotic." Why I don't know, but when I looked, I found the dates under "exotic." I definately want to go to HMC.

Archived