Need help

christaltraveler

Hey All!

Two 20 somethings who need some help. We are traveling on NCL Sky on 10/14. We are flying in Thursday to FLL and need to figure out where to stay and the cheapest way to get to POM the next day. Does anyone have suggestions? We are on a tight budget since we are college students. So anything at all can help!! We don't care if we stay in FLL or MIA. But we just are lost.

If any of you wonderful people would be able to give a direction or hint, I would be extremely greatful!!!

Christal

Hey All!

Two 20 somethings who need some help. We are traveling on NCL Sky on 10/14. We are flying in Thursday to FLL and need to figure out where to stay and the cheapest way to get to POM the next day. Does anyone have suggestions? We are on a tight budget since we are college students. So anything at all can help!! We don't care if we stay in FLL or MIA. But we just are lost.

If any of you wonderful people would be able to give a direction or hint, I would be extremely greatful!!!

Christal

Christal, you could go one of two ways here. #1, The Sleep Inn & Suites FLL is a newer, decent hotel with good reviews. They have a free airport shuttle, free breakfast and HS internet and are next to a Walgreens and across the street from a grocery and some restaurants. You could then schedule SAS transportation to pick you up at the hotel and take you to the POM the next day. If you have an AAA card, you can get a good discount on the rates. http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664?sid=xCl_2g.MF5urg1sj.8&sarea=&sname=dania&sstate=FL&scountry=US&sradius=&slat=26.041948&slon=-80.146782&schain=Z&exp=&scity=&sort=&type=&map=n&nadult=1&nchild=0&city_code=AQQ&sstate_country

Option #2 would be to take SAS transportation from FLL airport to The LaQuinta Miamia Airport East. This hotel is budget friendly, and has a free breakfast and a free shuttle to the POM the next morning. Not too much around, but I believe there is a Bennigans next door and a convenience store within walking distance. Pizza delivery is also an option. http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?propId=4040

http://www.ridesas.com/html/reservations.html

SAS Transportation.

Good luck to you all and have a great time :)

Several budget type hotels near FLL with free airport shuttles - check out the Best Western, La Quinta and various versions of the Comfort chain.

To get to POM check out the various shared shuttle services - SAS (www.ridesas.com) and QLS www.qualitylimoservice.com are two favorites on these boards. typical fares are around $15 per person each way (yes, they can get you back to FLL after your cruise ;)), and the ride from FLL to POM takes about 35-45 minutes.

Good luck! :)

I'd also use hotwire to book the room. The icons listing the amenitites will show which ones have an airport shuttle. If you need help with that someone here will be happy to guide you. Since you are off peak season, you will save enough on the room to probably pay for your shuttle to MIA.

Several budget type hotels near FLL with free airport shuttles - check out the Best Western, La Quinta and various versions of the Comfort chain.

To get to POM check out the various shared shuttle services - SAS (www.ridesas.com) and QLS www.qualitylimoservice.com are two favorites on these boards. typical fares are around $15 per person each way (yes, they can get you back to FLL after your cruise ;)), and the ride from FLL to POM takes about 35-45 minutes.

Good luck! :)

Thanks so much! I haven't heard of those before. I was looking at goairportshuttle and it was like 25 bucks a person. $15 is so much cheaper!

Archived