Nassau ideas resturants, must sees, beaches, bars ...

flgirl66

Hi everyone new here and to cruising

My bf and I are going to book Monarch of Seas to Nassau and CoCoa Cay

Oct 21 to the 24th

Any suggestions would be great...

Looking for advice as to fun stuff to do in Nassau on a budget

Resturants, bars, beaches, "must do"

Also, I have heard you can get drink packages once on board

Looking specifically for a just beer one for him

and a wine/mixed drink/frozen drink for me

As we are on a very tight budget

I seen advertisements on how smuggle alcohol on board in specially

made containers just for this

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated from what I listed above to advice/comments from anyone who has sailed that ship etc

Thanks so much

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

congrats on your first cruise.!! i hope it will be wonderful and all you expect it to be and more.. i cant believe that no one has replied to you yet, so let me be the first..

nassau is wonderful.. there is a ton to do there and see.. check your cruise ship for excursions and prices.. this is the way to go for things to do/see thru the ship and also the most convenient.. the people are there when you get off the ship w/ signs for whatever excursions are at that port.. very easy to find.. in nassau i recommend "seahorse sail/snorkel"..

i visited the bahama for the first time in november of last year and stopped in nassau, bahamas on the way.. i love snorkeling, so i chose the seahorse sail/snorkel.. i definetly recommend these guys, they are friendly, safe, courteous, and very entertaining.. you powerboat out on the catamaran to a secluded beach to snorkel.. various points of interest are pointed out on the way over.. i recommend you sit with the driver.. he will point out things he won't announce over the intercom.. plenty of fish, sea earchins, squid, coral etc. to see once you stop to snorkel - you stop for approx 1 hour.. rum/punch drinks on the way back were free (incl in the price of excurs) and very stiff, as well, which is a perk for anybody.. after snorkeling, you sail leisurely back to port, plenty of time to drink/mingle/relax.. all in all, well worth the $52 paid..

i've never been to cocoa bay, so i can't help you there..

drink specials are abundant on your ship.. check your "daily" sheet in your room for happy hour specials at certain bars (usually near the pool) sometimes they do two for one..!!

beers are usually deals by the bucket.. Keep your receipt..!! you will need it when you return the bucket for your refund.. some ships do this and others don't.. check your ships website..

hope all this helps..!! check in online, board the ship early, drink, look around, get orientated, drink, get your room, drink, eat, drink, and thoroughly enough yourself..!! did i say drink..?!?!

Nassau is easy to get around in, want to check out what the locals eat try some conch fritters. You don't have to go further then the cruise terminal for these but personally I think they are better at the Fish Fry (Kinda like a restrauant row) If you walk along Bay Street to the right out of the terminal you will find it in just over a mile.

Another way to get a feel for the island free is do this walking tour on your own.

http://www. b e n t j e s . com/nassau.html (take out every space in b e n t j e s)

Drinks - Well your not going to find packages for alcohol, just soda. Key for the first time cruiser is if it comes in a fancy glass you are paying for it even if it is plastic. Ask for ALL of your drinks in a regular glass. I have never heard of returning your bucket as in the previous post? They do have specials if you buy like 6 and they do put them in a bucket of ice or an insulated cooler which is yours to keep but I am sure they charge something for that. So key to drinking is watch for specials in the compass then ask for your drink in a regular glass. :)

Enjoy your cruise!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Another way to get a feel for the island free is do this walking tour on your own.

http://www. b e n t j e s . com/nassau.html (take out every space in b e n t j e s)

Hi, that website doesn't seem work for me.. (and yes I did remove the spaces).... :)

edit: found this walking tour though: http://www.zydecocruiser.com/nassau_walking_apr_2006.htm

Archived