Serenade GS 1036

Have any of you wonderful CC'ers stayed in Grand Suite 1036 on Serenade? I'm thinking of upgrading, but before I do I wanted to confirm that the window washing contraption is not parked in front of that balcony, thus obstructing our view.

We're currently in a balcony cabin, 9594, for the June 5th sailing, and I know from many posts on these boards that we have a nice cabin -- I do feel lucky to have it. However, since this truly is a once in a lifetime trip, I thought that if I had the chance to get a better cabin I should take it.

Any comments, pro or con, would be greatly appreciated.

Laurie

Laurie;

We sailed in a JS on the Radiance last month and loved it :) We didn't have one of the "coveted" cabins, but our view was spectacular ( we were in 1586). Our next cruise is on the Adventure and we have booked the only GS on the hump (1324). I really wanted a hump cabin and I also wanted to try a GS since we had already had a JS.

I took a look at the Serenade deck plans and your JS is in a really good location, the GS is okay too, but it is not on the edge of the hump like the JS is. I think it boils down to your cabin type preference......I wouldn't worry too much about the window washing contraption....they do clean the balcony's, but I would doubt they actually "park" the machine in front of someone's balcony thus obstructing their view :rolleyes:

If you really feel that this is the trip of a lifetime....and you want to spoil yourself, then consider the GS( concierge service;) ). Either way...have a great cruise!

Thank you, Robyn! On our 4-day cruise last June, I "splurged" on a JS because it was our first cruise and my 50th b'day. On Monarch, the cabins are small, so a JS was really nice.

When I took the plunge again last August, I just didn't feel that I could spend the extra $$, and, after obsessively scouring these boards, I was thrilled to grab 9594, which is not a JS, but a balcony cabin. I think at this point I'm going to stay put, but will check periodically to see if a GS in a better spot opens up. I probably should have just bitten the bullet last August, but as a single mom of a teen headed (I hope) to college in 3 years, I need to be realistic. Still, Alaska IS going to be the trip of a lifetime for us and we intend to enjoy every second!

I very much appreciate your comments!:)

Laurie

Archived