Calling home using ATT wireless

JB8704

I know this question has been asked before, but I am trying to figure out what is the cheapest way for me to call home while on our cruise in three weeks. Normally, we turn our phones off and do not make any calls whatsoever. But...we are leaving our 2 year old and 4 year old home with the grandparents and I need to call and check on them a couple of times.

I have ATT wireless. I called them and she said that while on the ship it would be $2.49 per minute and then when in Mexico, it would be $0.99 per minute. Does anyone know if there is a calling card I could buy to use while in Mexico. I alos heard awhile back that Carnival was doing a promotion where the calls from the stateroom where lowered. Does anyone know if this is promotion is still going?

Thanks in advance for any information and tips!! We are going on the Triumph from Galveston to Progresso and Cozumel.

There was no promotion going on when we were on the Inspiration on the 9/10/11 cruise. Did ATT mention anything about getting an international calling plan to get the .99/min. rate from Mexico? I thought you had to have it but we've never gotten it except when we went to Europe.

You can get international calling cards from Sam's Club and I'm sure other stores too but I don't know the price.

We have AT&T & have international calling which doesn't cost us more per month but does have cheaper rates based on which country you are visiting, so I agree with kicia, pick up an international plan. We also use text messaging if you just want to know if everything is going OK. Then we use the international calling if we want/need to talk to someone, which you may want to talk to your children just to hear their voice.:p

Archived