Any hotels in Fort Lauderdale that offer day rate?

JYDAWG

We just had our flight home changed to late in the afternoon and are looking for a hotel to stay at for the day. We did this on San Juan a few years ago, stayed right on the beach with a pool and a swim up bar. It was a great way to end a perfect vacation. Does anyone know if there are any hotels in Fort Lauderdale that offer day rates? Thanks for you help!

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen that list posted before and the chart says day rates based on availability. Does that mean you cannot book them in advance? We have an evening flight back but I would like to book a day hotel in advance to relax at and not have to worry about scrambling that day to figure out who has a room available.

Thank you,

David

A lot depends on when you need the room. If in peak season, they might not hold any rooms for day use. IF however it is a slower time with vacancies, they'll take your money. ;)

I'd call individual hotels you'd like and see what they can offer now for your date. But yes, they won't hold a room for a day use if someone walks up and needs one for a night. So it is pretty much on a day to day schedule.

I never thought of that. It's a good idea. Our flight home doesn't depart until 9:00PM. Sure don't want to hang around the airport all day.

We are sailing on Princess, and I thought at one time they offered a few excursions upon return. I didn't see anything on the excursions list. It would have been a great idea to do a little tour of some kind, where we didn't have to worry about our luggage.

Anyone have any ideas which hotels may offer day rates?

i would start with larger hotels and ones by the airport....usually they won't know until that day or maybe the day before (you could email from the ship..)

airport hotels, where the flight crews stay, are used to having people coming and going at all hours...thus they may have more housekeeping staff on duty later, to clean the room after you leave, and then they can sell it again!

try the Harbor Beach marriott, sheraton airport, hilton airport...and then keep going.....

I never thought of that. It's a good idea. Our flight home doesn't depart until 9:00PM. Sure don't want to hang around the airport all day.

We are sailing on Princess, and I thought at one time they offered a few excursions upon return. I didn't see anything on the excursions list. It would have been a great idea to do a little tour of some kind, where we didn't have to worry about our luggage.

Anyone have any ideas which hotels may offer day rates?

Ship post cruise excursions are only a few hours and will have cruisers at the airport by 1:30 or so. Not much help for you.

With that late of flight, I'd be more prone to rent a car and see things. Not just sit at some hotel all day. But that's me.

Archived