embarkation day lunch.

XWGs

i have recently read a cunard review in which the reviewer stated they had lunch in the golden lion.we usually eat in the lido/kings court because we thought that was the only lunch venue for brittania passengers on embarkation day.can anyone comment on this please.

A couple of potential options. Sometimes, a voyage will be part of a longer voyage which starts earlier. My last 2 crossings from Southampton were continuations of voyages beginning in Cherbourg and Hamburg, and although it was embarkation day for me, Britannia was open for lunch because it was a port day for some. If you get lucky, that may be true in your case. On my last pure crossing (April 2009) Golden Lion hours were listed in the Daily Programme as "10:30am to late". It did not specifically say Pub lunch was served but it's certainly worth checking out.

Roy

I have been "in transit" in both LA and Southampton several times.

Reading the daily event sheet you will assume that Britannia Diningroom is not open for lunch that day. Sometimes even asking your wiater you will be told this.

However I learned that you should check with the Maitre D. On my recent trip the Head Waiter assured the table that the dining room would be closed, but after speaking with the Maitre D I was assured that the dining room would be open for lunch for "in transit" passengers. I always check with him and for last 4 voyages have eaten in the main dining room for lunch.

They often have "visitors " from the media roaming the ship on that day, and they give them lunch in the main dining room.

I have been "in transit" in both LA and Southampton several times.

Reading the daily event sheet you will assume that Britannia Diningroom is not open for lunch that day. Sometimes even asking your wiater you will be told this.

However I learned that you should check with the Maitre D. On my recent trip the Head Waiter assured the table that the dining room would be closed, but after speaking with the Maitre D I was assured that the dining room would be open for lunch for "in transit" passengers. I always check with him and for last 4 voyages have eaten in the main dining room for lunch.

They often have "visitors " from the media roaming the ship on that day, and they give them lunch in the main dining room.

Your right, but they dont mention to anyone, I pleased you get the MDR now

Archived