Ft Lauderdale to Miami

Hello Board!

We are flying in a day before and departing out of Miami. I'd like to get transportation from the Airport to the pier but don't want to rent a car and 70 dollars a way taxi seems much! Any other suggestions? Also I'd like to stay in a 3-5 star hotel in Miami where when we wake up we can see the ship!

Thanks in advance for any help or experience you may have!

Jason Paul

Explorer July/05

I'm doing the same thing and the only other alternate is to take a bus to the pier and then a taxi from the pier to your hotel. From what I've read, the bus costs about $25pp.

Rental car is still the cheapest way. Drop it off in Miami and walk or take a taxi to the hotel.

We also flew into Ft. Lauderdale and then had to get to Miami - wish I had seen the advice on alternative ground transportation as we took a taxi! We stayed at the Key Biscayne Marriott; concierge level and asked for a room overlooking the port. Had a GORGEOUS view of our ship the next morning! Hint - use Marriott points if you have them and your stay is free!!! Have fun!

Eileen:)

I've heard reviews about that hotel that the bathrooms were small and overall the hotel wasn't that nice. What is your take on it? Thanks for the advice! How did you get back to the airport after your cruise was over?

We flew in the day before. We rented a car at the FLL airport for around $30. The next morning we returned it to the Miami airport and took the free shuttle to the cruiseport. Very easy! It was nice to have the car to get to Bayside Market Place for dinner and shopping.

Also, we got the Hyatt on Pri*elin* for $48. You cannot see the ships, but the hotel had great view of the skyline and waterways. We sat out on a balcony on the nineteenth floor. It was beautiful.....The Hyatt has a car rental agency on site...I think it was Enterprise......they have a free shuttle as well....but we waited too long and there were no cars available.

On debarkation day...we just got the $18 transfers for the return trip to FLL. They are available at the purser's desk throughout the week.

Simple!

Enjoy your cruise!

anyone ever try the tri-rail from MIA to FLL then hopping a cab??? We will be staying in coconut grove after the cruise and DT MIA before....i was wondering if it is too much of a PIA to get on the train.

The problem with the Tri-Rail is the very limited service on weekends. The busses in and out of the airport terminals are easy, but then the wait begins. I wouldn't recommend it after our exprience.

Has anyone ever rented a car for 6 people? All of our options end up being expensive. I have looked into limos since the price is similar but I am afraid our luggage won't fit. How does the RCCL transfers work? We would need it just for the return trip. What time does your flight have to be so you can be sure you will make it?

You can get the transfers at the purser's desk at any time during the week. It is $18pp. We did the self-assist debarkation, handling all of your own luggage (Carnival) and we were on the shuttle by 8 am. Until the self assist...I would never schedule a flight before 1:30. Now I would feel comfortable with a noon flight.

Archived