NCL Concierge just called me

scoobygirl

Caroline, from NCL concierge services just called regarding our December cruise on the Gem. She went thru the pillow menu, asked if we wanted to make any dinner reservations, which I did for Cagney's the first night, if we needed help with any excursions, would we like decaf or any special kind of coffee for our room, anything special we would like for snacks in the afternoon, and generally, anything she could arrange to make our trip more special. We have a courtyard villa, (for the second time) and have never been contacted before a cruise.

I was really surprised and impressed. I don't know if she had a lot of time on her hands, or really just wants to please people, but either way it was really nice and made us all the more anxious for December to come.

Interesting, we are on the Pearl next month and have not heard from this concierge service. :confused:

I thought I read that they are only doing it for the Gem right now. We haven't heard from anyone from the Jewel for our cruise in 30.5 days.

I received a call from NCL yesterday not sure who called but have not called them back . They want to know what they can do to make our cruise more enjoyable (in a SF suite) We do not know where/when we want to eat since it depends on my DM, DS and her DH who are in a balcony on when/where we eat. We are going to surprise my DM for her birthday and I have all ready ordered the cake and decorations.

What type of things can we ask about we are very easy going people but do not want to miss out on some that we may want

I received a call from NCL yesterday not sure who called but have not called them back . They want to know what they can do to make our cruise more enjoyable (in a SF suite) We do not know where/when we want to eat since it depends on my DM, DS and her DH who are in a balcony on when/where we eat. We are going to surprise my DM for her birthday and I have all ready ordered the cake and decorations.

What type of things can we ask about we are very easy going people but do not want to miss out on some that we may want

The OP gives a list of what they are checking for in advance. I also thought this was a trial basis for the Gem only? Maybe it's starting to spread to other ships. After you call them, let us know.

Caroline, from NCL concierge services just called regarding our December cruise on the Gem. She went thru the pillow menu, asked if we wanted to make any dinner reservations, which I did for Cagney's the first night, if we needed help with any excursions, would we like decaf or any special kind of coffee for our room, anything special we would like for snacks in the afternoon, and generally, anything she could arrange to make our trip more special. We have a courtyard villa, (for the second time) and have never been contacted before a cruise.

I was really surprised and impressed. I don't know if she had a lot of time on her hands, or really just wants to please people, but either way it was really nice and made us all the more anxious for December to come.

Yes, that is what NCL is doing now. :)

I had gotten this call too a few weeks ago for our trip on the Gem coming up Oct 23. I didn't know what to tell her. I was just floored having this kind of conversation!! It was awesome!! I am going to be way too pampered on this trip!!:p

Kind of puts you on the spot unless you have a list handy. I don't know where I want to eat today---so in 2 months who knows.

We are doing a surprise b'day celebration on our Jan 12 cruise and it would be good to have that all set prior to sailing so I don't have to slip around and do it once aboard.

That is what I call outstanding customer service! Especially if they carry through once you are on board. A call like that would really make me want the cruise to get here that much faster.

That is exciting. I sure hope they do that for ours. I will try and keep in mind what I want to tell them if they do. Nice feature!

You don't need to worry about setting everything up right away, Dana who called for our upcoming November cruise on the Gem, left me her extension. So once I got upgraded from SE (9000 Penthouse) to S3 (9504 Owners Suite), I called her back changed some pillow choices and added some reading wedges as well as my choice of water, soda and alcohol. They do seem to want to know what time you plan to arrive at the pier, I assume it is so they can try to have your suite ready.

I got a call last week too from Pamela (NCL). I called her back on monday to see if it was a sales pitch and was quite surprised when she wanted to know what we would like and would relay the list to the conceirge on the GEM.

I was shocked and said I would have to call her back with my wishlist. You just have to love the suite life:D

Talked to Carlina (sp) today. Had many sections that I could not answer as what kind of pillows we wanted. The booze that we wanted (due to an upsell) any resturants reservations, spa reservations. I can call back after we make up our mind

I was able to order a birthday cake for my mom's birthday. I already order the birthday decorations with cake to be served in our room.

Think this is done to relief some stress from the conseire (sp)

Archived